Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't get me wrong, I love my Rav, but I cannot stand the seats! I didn't really notice until I got a new job a few months ago, but now I'm driving 120 kms every day and my back is killing me! A lot of the problem is a lack of leg room; I'm 6'3" and I could use a few more inches of space. Has anyone done any mods to add seat room that don't involve anything crazy like welding? Also, I have a friend with a 4.2, and those seats are much better than the ones in my 4.1. Assuming I could find some, would 4.2 seats fit in my '98 without too much hassle? TIA!

Stuart

·
Registered
106 Posts
I hear ya. I'm 5'8'' it I can drive in our '97 for more than 2 hours without feeling it. The lack of an arm rest/center console doesn't help matters nor does a decent ledge/armrest to rest my left arm/shoulder.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I'm 6'0" & barely okay with the lack of leg room...I don't know of any mods you could do short of re-welding the seat tracks...It's a wonderful vehicle but wasn't designed for tall people.

·
Registered
682 Posts
just get aftermarket seats with better bolstering and support. thats what i intend to do in the future as i find the stock seats crap as well.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Tell me about it - they make the back of my thighs go knumb

You can feel 2 thin steel strips that stick into the base side cusions (and you) what they were thinking when they designed them - back then ergonomic seats were pretty much standard on all makes too

·
Registered
986 Posts
The seats in the 4.2 Ravs aren't really any better, I'm 6' tall so it's somewhat uncomfortable. I can slide the seat back far enough that my legs are not so cramped, but then the steering wheel is too far away. I wish I could telescope the steering wheel out from the dashboard.

Actually I can live with the seats; the only problem I have with the seats in my Rav is that the headrest tilts too far forward and kills my neck. I tried flipping them around but then it feels like there is no headrest. I guess they're just a casualty of safety improvments.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts