Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

Underbody armor

308 2
I ran over a hidden steel tree support post that was sticking out of the ground about 9”. Didn’t see it as grass was too tall. I piped a bunch of those fasteners that hold the plastic in place and torn a hole in it. Does this serve any purpose other than aerodynamics and should I replace it?
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2021 RAV4 XLE Premium Hybrid
1,802 Posts
I ran over a hidden steel tree support post that was sticking out of the ground about 9”. Didn’t see it as grass was too tall. I piped a bunch of those fasteners that hold the plastic in place and torn a hole in it. Does this serve any purpose other than aerodynamics and should I replace it?
Yes, it is mainly aerodynamics. I took mine off and replaced with the OEM TRD skid plates which are made of steel; not much better than the plastic, maybe a bit. Is it the front or the rear one that you punched a hole in?

I still have mine but have not figured out how to sell them. You can have them for free if you pay shipping. PM me. I am going out of town next week and won't be back until end of October so may not be able to ship until then. I have the factory boxes they came in, big flat boxes. Could be costly to ship.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts