Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,120 Posts
According to the document linked above, only the LE and XLE versions are equipped with the aerodynamic underbody panels, they are not listed for the XSE and Limited versions.

Any idea why?
Another typo in the Product info, there are others, Thoots has a limited and it obviously has the same areodynamic panels as the LE, I expect the XSE and Limited HVs do too. Video is an LE FWD.

·
Registered
7 Posts
A couple of pictures while my RAV4 was up on a lift, getting LED fog lights installed. This is a Limited AWD.

The first picture is the view from the front of the car. Note how almost the entire "floor" of the vehicle is covered.

The second picture is from the rear. Note the shield around the catalytic converter. To the left of the exhaust is the drive shaft to the rear end, which is black in color.
Scary. How will rock salt rinse out?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Semi-related to the underbody...

As I was walking towards my Rav from the side, I noticed a bit of exposed (painted) metal directly below the rear passenger doors (both sides). You can see from the attached photos the white lines below the door.

The front driver / passenger are covered with a hard plastic mold. This is weird that the rear portion is not covered as well.

Did anyone else notice this?

Attachments

·
Registered
446 Posts
Semi-related to the underbody...

As I was walking towards my Rav from the side, I noticed a bit of exposed (painted) metal directly below the rear passenger doors (both sides). You can see from the attached photos the white lines below the door.

The front driver / passenger are covered with a hard plastic mold. This is weird that the rear portion is not covered as well.

Did anyone else notice this?
Mine is the same way but hard to notice since I have a black RAV.

A little strange but I guess it’s there to give access to the pinch welds? Don’t know why it wouldn’t be covered except for that spot though.

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
If that was their intention, they should have added a hood insulator! :rolleyes:
Totally disagree. The road noise generated by the framework, exhaust, etc., etc., is quite significant. Turbulence equals noise and air resistance. I also noticed the underside shields when putting on my trailer hitch. The whole underside is quite different than what I’m used to seeing. Lots of tar-like stuff used to (apparently) seal/sound deaden areas also.

·
Premium Member
8,120 Posts
What is the part number or correct name for under panel plastic screw / fastener - in red circle? I broke then while removing the panel to place a wire.
Look them up on an OEM parts site, if you have a '20 you'll likely have to use 2019 since '20 applications aren't listed yet.

·
Registered
605 Posts
I believe I read that those panels are plastic. Still, that kind of coverage looks awesome for driving dirt roads. I'd expect that plastic is at least as thick as the OEM metal skid plate on my FJ.
They're all plastic. Easy to break I assume, but at least they won't rust like the cheap factory metal skid plates on the FJ. I know because I removed the one on my FJ, which was starting to rust and installed a heavy gauge aluminum aftermarket version.

·
Registered
1 Posts
A couple of pictures while my RAV4 was up on a lift, getting LED fog lights installed. This is a Limited AWD.

The first picture is the view from the front of the car. Note how almost the entire "floor" of the vehicle is covered.

The second picture is from the rear. Note the shield around the catalytic converter. To the left of the exhaust is the drive shaft to the rear end, which is black in color.
Hi, I have a similar vehicle which is a 2017 AWD Edition. A few months ago I was driving back from SoCal when I ran over a large cardboard box, I thought nothing would happen, but it actually damaged a piece of these splashguard ( a piece seen on the passenger side of the front image). By any chance does anyone know where I can find this part? I wouls really appreciate it.

Thanks

·
Registered
2021 Rav 4 Hybrid XSE
160 Posts
I am just not a fan of getting "extra holes" added to a new car, lol.
Out here (Winnipeg) we only have places like Rust Check or Ziebart. I ordered spray cans of Krown a week ago and will try just some DIY when I get my car.

Thanks for posting those pics, none of my previous cars (or current car) for that matter have extensive protection like that. I am sure moisture and what not still gets behind mind you but it is good to see that there.

·
Registered
18 Posts

I ran over a hidden iron pipe and ruined two of my underbody covering parts. Where can I order replacements?

I have a 2019 Limited and I ran over an iron pipe in a field of tall grass and torn two of my underbody panels. Any idea where I can get replacements?

·
Registered
2021 Rav 4 XLE gas engine
1,848 Posts
I ran over a hidden iron pipe and ruined two of my underbody covering parts. Where can I order replacements?

I have a 2019 Limited and I ran over an iron pipe in a field of tall grass and torn two of my underbody panels. Any idea where I can get replacements?
Junk yard. There are a number of salvage places with late model RAV4s on line that you can search or phone.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I am just not a fan of getting "extra holes" added to a new car, lol.
Out here (Winnipeg) we only have places like Rust Check or Ziebart. I ordered spray cans of Krown a week ago and will try just some DIY when I get my car.

Thanks for posting those pics, none of my previous cars (or current car) for that matter have extensive protection like that. I am sure moisture and what not still gets behind mind you but it is good to see that there.
Did the entire bottom including the wheel wells and engine compartment with Woolwax (7quarts). No problem removing the shields for better coverage. Just a pain working with the front then rear wheels on ramps instead of a hoist.

Attachments

·
Registered
2021 Rav4 LE
209 Posts
Wonder which one you busted, they're a bit pricey from the dealer. I'd try a salvage yard like tazio said. Gas tank is plastic by the way, hope that's okay.
Font Rectangle Parallel Triangle Slope

21 - 40 of 41 Posts