Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 RAV4 Base. As a result of the recent snow storm in Colorado, I've been driving through some pretty high snow. I heard some scraping but assumed it was just ice. I checked underneath and it appears to be a plastic splash guard that lost some of the clips and is now folded over and scraping the ground. It's too dark and nasty out to get a good look at it, but it looks like it has "W833" stamped in it and it's definitely just plastic. What is it exactly and what is it protecting?

Sorry for the poor image quality, but that's the best I can get. The cover only looks like it's maybe 18" x 6".

·
Registered
983 Posts
Keeps the engine bay clean from splashed coming up from the road. Protects vital comments from getting salt on it, dirty and corroding. Try to get the shield back up. You cam buy a box of those clips from amazon for much cheaper than from toyota. Or get them from a local auto parts store.

The usually get ripped off when you back over a berm. In the forward direction they will slide over the snow. Going backwards they will catch and rip. Sometime we have a small berm that my wife just drives over. I ask her to make a 3 point turn in the driveway after backing out of the garage so that she can drive forward over the berm. Saves the splash shield.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts