Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All,
As a proud student at New York University School of Medicine, I wanted to put a window sticker on the back window of my new RAV Sport. It's one of those stickers that go on the inside of the window so the text is visible from the back. Two issues that I noticed, which made me reconsider putting it there:
1. The windows are really dark! I don't think anyone can even see it if not in REALLY bright light!
2. The defroster wires don't look that sturdy, and I'm afraid I'll damage them when the time comes to remove the sticker.

Anyone have any experience with this? Free office visit for you when I graduate!

·
Registered
379 Posts
Well, I went to Russell Sage Grad school, I have an outside sticker on one of my cars. Your right it is going to be difficult to see w/ the sticker on the inside. Some school book stores sell the outside stickers as well. Also I have seen a site on the net that specializes in school logo attire, coffee mugs and things of that nature, they may have an outside window sticker. Sorry I can't recall the address of the site.

·
Registered
179 Posts
You won't want to put a sticker inside over the defroster wire if you think you might ever want to remove it, 'cuz those wires are fragile.

I want mine to say "Starfleet Academy" (actually had my hands on one but didn't buy it).

·
Registered
218 Posts
I've put my wife's Dayton sticker in the side of rear window. You can see it pretty well through the tint. I've alway been told not to put the stickers on the defroster wires for two reasons: they're fragile and, they can become hot enough to melt the sticker!

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's best to put stickers on the outside.
I have Clemson University on my rear window.
Go Tigers! :wink:

·
Registered
53 Posts
Use Clear Scotch Tape to tape the sticker on the inside of the window. Just avoid the defroster wires. I did that on my RAV...in fact, I just pealed off the Scotch Tape this morning, and it came off without a problem.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts