Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm new and I just got a 1997 rav 4 and there is a hose and I don't know where it goes. I know where it attaches, as u can see in the picture but I don't know where the other end attaches to. I'm completely lost! Help!

Attachments

·
Registered
159 Posts
It connects to something under the intake manifold. You can see it in the center of this photo (I no longer have this engine :() Is your RAV4 AWD? It might provide vacuum for center diff lock.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you Leon, that helped! That is Wat it looks like, now we just have to see where it connects to. Dad might think that the rubber line might have rotten ans broke. If u have an under picture, that would be great! If not, thank you anyways! Helped Alot!

·
Registered
159 Posts
Sorry, I went through a bunch of photos from last fall and this was the most useful photo I could find. That area (under the manifold) is very difficult to access if engine is in the car.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Just looked on my 2000 -- PCV hose is to/from the front/center of the intake manifold.

As installed, I can't trace all those larger lines coming down from the TB due to obstructions (and it has been too long since I had the top end of the engine apart), but I do see that one goes to the antifreeze housing on the top side of the engine near the transmission. So at least two of those lines are for antifreeze to warm up the TB.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you guys! Now another question. How do I see What engine I have? I have the serial number: 3s *2422501... Well that's what it says anyways and im not sure it's the right engine for my car, like it might have gotten switched out. I don't know how to search the engine number

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm assuming you found your connection, but I'll respond since I came across this with my 96 4x4 last night. I don't know for sure what it connects to, but I was able to eventually snake my arm down there far enough to start feeling. I was able to feel the empty port (metal) and re-connect. I don't know what it connected to.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts