Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About two years ago I asked whether or not my extended warranty (Toyota Platinum VSA) covered the Bluetooth in my 2010 Rav4 Sport. There were only a few responses, which said that it would if it's a factory unit. However, the VSA is vague in this area. Also, being it's a Sport and not a limited, it wasn't necessarily a factory install (unlike the Limited, mine is the BlueLogic that has the controls in the lower left area of the dash and a speaker just behind and to the right of the steering column on the lower dash).

Last week I went in for a 50K mile service and to have the multitude of recalls performed, which was going to be an all day thing. I got a Camry for a loaner car. As it turns out, my Bluetooth was covered, based on an interesting factor. Mine was installed in the port. However, some are installed at the dealer after leaving port. Those installed in port are covered while those installed at the dealer are not...

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
About two years ago I asked whether or not my extended warranty (Toyota Platinum VSA) covered the Bluetooth in my 2010 Rav4 Sport. There were only a few responses, which said that it would if it's a factory unit. However, the VSA is vague in this area. Also, being it's a Sport and not a limited, it wasn't necessarily a factory install (unlike the Limited, mine is the BlueLogic that has the controls in the lower left area of the dash and a speaker just behind and to the right of the steering column on the lower dash).

Last week I went in for a 50K mile service and to have the multitude of recalls performed, which was going to be an all day thing. I got a Camry for a loaner car. As it turns out, my Bluetooth was covered, based on an interesting factor. Mine was installed in the port. However, some are installed at the dealer after leaving port. Those installed in port are covered while those installed at the dealer are not...
Hmmmm, interesting to know.
How do you tell what's installed at the port, or dealer?

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I guess my service advisor had to look into it. That's how he described it to me, so I'm assuming there's a record somewhere in the Toyota computer system with this information.

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,893 Posts
It will show on the window sticker which options come from the factory, and which are port installed. Usually the dealership will add a small sticker (often handwritten) indicating which options were dealer installed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts