Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello,does anyone know how to update the standard multimedia system(Entune Audio Plus without Navigation) on the 2015 RAV4 XLE?

·
Registered
20 Posts
This should have everything you need to update

https://securedp.toyota.com/download-app/toyotaHeadUnits
Are all versions of the head unit rolled into 1 update?
I'm curious because i always like to keep things updated. I have the premium system, this link shows a picture of the other head unit.
When I go to Toyota's site and go to "support" for my system the are a bunch of FAQ's but I see no firmware update link or anything.

·
Registered
5 Posts
This should have everything you need to update

https://securedp.toyota.com/download-app/toyotaHeadUnits
I've got the Entune basic radio, no Plus, no Navigation, no Premium. The referenced update does nothing in my 2015 RAV4. It doesn't load and run. And yes I followed the instructions to the letter, but nothing happens. The Entune radio sees the 8GB flashdrive, but it either cannot read the ISO file or it is the incorrect ISO file as that web link was clearly showing the Entune Plus radio and not the basic radio.

Also, the reason I wanted to update was my Setup menu does not contain many of the menu items listed in the manual for my basic radio, including Customize Start Image and Customize Screen Off Image. I cannot create those customized screens without the darn Menu items. So I'm guessing my Entune firmware is out of date. I see no darn place in the menu system to even find the current FW version. Toyota seems to be totally clueless when it comes to creating FW!

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
Just had my 10K mile Toyota service. When the service advisor looked my XLE up he told me there were NO recalls or UPDATES issued for my '15 RAV.

When I asked specifically about any ENTUNE updates he said there were none.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just had my 10K mile Toyota service. When the service advisor looked my XLE up he told me there were NO recalls or UPDATES issued for my '15 RAV.

When I asked specifically about any ENTUNE updates he said there were none.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
The dealership service departments seem to not know their backsides from a hole in the ground when it comes to updates. That is probably because they have to use the same terrible Toyota website that we do. :crying

·
Premium Member
8,120 Posts
There are two kinds of updates that I've done, one is done by the head unit thru a blue tooth connected phone, thru either wifi or data I think, (I've only done by wifi since I don't use data) the other has been by download to USB on the Entune website which is down for maintenance at this time.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I spoke with one of the Toyota Entune tech folks a couple weeks ago (I still can't believe this system is so poorly set up) and he told me there is an update about to come out, though he could not tell me when. I believe the update has to be done at the dealer.

·
Registered
184 Posts
What will happen if this is installed on a Canadian radio?

·
Registered
53 Posts
I think, but not sure, the update is to have Entune remember more of the settings, such as if one has Random selected.

I'm hoping it will correct a lot of the deficiencies, but I wouldn't put money on it.

I'm not sure what you mean by 'what will happen...' I suggested to the tech that Toyota send us (their customers) an email telling us an update is available and what is in it, but I doubt that will happen. Your dealer should be able to answer these questions and let you decide if you want to bring your vehicle in just for this.

Hope this helps.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts