Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whoooo!! :p Just seen the updates on the Toyota-Europe Web Site...

http://www.toyota-europe.com/

Blue dial lights (similar to Volkswagon) looks great in the dark, big engine start-stop button (for Europe at least) so we can pretend we're driving a Ferrari, DECT & Bluetooth on the DVD Satnav (not sure how the dect will work unless you want to call the people in the back seat). The central console looks more interesting than the existing pictures as well. The silver vertical surrounds definitely give it a family evolution look from the 4.2.

The 2nd movie on there is great, loads of info and great to see the RAV in motion.

All we need in Europe now is the option of the extra row of kiddie seats, but I guess we can't have everything.

I've ordered my brochure on there and will be ordering a new top of the range in black for delivery next March.

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Sweeeeeet :D Is it possible to save the movies to the hard-drive?????

X

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well they seemed to have done away with the rear wheel???

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I pretty sure that should say DEST not DECT, Toyota do a bit photoshop editing with these press pictures.

The new dials are the Toyota/Lexus Optitron type much better then the VW Golf style.

The Start-Stop Button is only on models that have keyless remote entry i.e. top of the range model I suspect.

Rear spare wheel still is there except the RAV4 X model which is top of the range model with 18" wheels has run flat type tires so there is no rear spare wheel.

Mid-Range model (sort of XT3 / GX model type) with rear spare wheel

RAV4 X with 18" Wheels and Run Flat Type Tires

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Come to think of it and after looking at this picture better, this model reminds me of a taller matrix. It does look nice on the inside, and i like that blue dial... i have never really liked the orange color :p.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Too bad that they won't offer a short and long version of the RAV over here!

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Don't think so looks like the European models have a projector style front headlamps, In Europe any vehicle that has HID's have to have self leveling lights with headlamp washers, I don't see any headlamps washers on any of the pictures of the new RAV4. I bet the JDM models have HID lights.

2006 RAV4 European Headlamp

2006 RAV4 US Headlamp

1 - 8 of 8 Posts