Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So recently i was looking at my dash, doors and panels and i was just thinking how dirty they looked and how unattractive they are with the gray color so i decided to update my interior and make it at least more pleasurable to the eye. I recently took out the dash cover (the one you can take out with air vents and everything) and painted it black. I was pretty pleased with the outcome and liked the color so im planning to do the rest of the interior black (plastic.)
I would love to hear y'alls recommendation or opinions.

Below i will post a before picture (not my interior but gives an idea of how it looked) and how it looks now.

Im also looking to add universal gauges for water temp, oil pressure and not really interested on the third one so it doesnt matter but the question is, is it hard to install? which gauges give more bang for the buck? Im thinking of placing them on the opening pocket under the radio but not sure if it will fit.

·
Premium Member
1999 Toyota RAV4 with 3MZ-FE 6 cylinder engine, camo wrap, OME lift, heavily modded
2,045 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Your interior is almost exactly how i want mine except for the radio. Around where i live that wouldnt last a day in the car but i love how the gauges are set up. Instead of putting the gauges on where the radio used to be i plan on putting them where you put the aftermarket radio. Its pretty cool seeing what the result might be if done right. Props for the interior!

Was the wiring hard for the gauges? Where can i purchase the gauges?

I like what you did, I painted my dash black as well (the part that's over the instruments) and I plan on painting the passenger side airbag cover and glove box black too.

Here is a link with my new stereo and gauges. http://www.rav4world.com/forums/84-4-1-accessories/227009-install-double-din-radio-gauges-12v-power-point-usb-power-point.html

Keep up the good work.

·
Premium Member
1999 Toyota RAV4 with 3MZ-FE 6 cylinder engine, camo wrap, OME lift, heavily modded
2,045 Posts
Actually I haven't wired in the gauges yet, because I have the engine and tranny out right now. When I get ready to put in the wiring harness I'll add the new gauge wiring.

I purchased all the gauges at Amazon.com, if you look at the link it has the info on the gauges.

I like the painted console, I think I'll do that too when I sound deaden the interior. I have to find a way to add cup holders somewhere, I lost mine when I installed the stereo in the lower area.

·
Premium Member
2,045 Posts
Where in Puerto Rico are you? I lived out at Vieques several years ago for a couple of years cleaning up ordnance from the US Navy bombing range.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I live in Bayamon. Thank you for that! How were the beaches in vieques? I heard they were pretty cool.

Where in Puerto Rico are you? I lived out at Vieques several years ago for a couple of years cleaning up ordnance from the US Navy bombing range.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You can always make a new cup holder and create a hole somewhere or stick it to the door.

Actually I haven't wired in the gauges yet, because I have the engine and tranny out right now. When I get ready to put in the wiring harness I'll add the new gauge wiring.

I purchased all the gauges at Amazon.com, if you look at the link it has the info on the gauges.

I like the painted console, I think I'll do that too when I sound deaden the interior. I have to find a way to add cup holders somewhere, I lost mine when I installed the stereo in the lower area.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts