Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I am wondering if there are options/ people’s personal choices on upgrading their head unit. I’ve seen people recommended pioneer and kenwood but don’t really give information about it.
I want something that has CarPlay, and still maintains steering wheel capability. I also want to make sure that the the rear view cameras and the birds eye view still remain compatible on the screen
It’d be nice if it would also allow me to see where the flow of electricity is going like it does now
Point of story, entune sucks and I’m looking for a unit that has CarPlay while maintaining all the good things about the car. Let me know specifics and experiences

·
Registered
559 Posts
Lots of good information at crutchfield.com I am not affiliated with them, its just the place I first learned about car stereos.

I am in a similar boat as you. I have a 2019 which only has Car Play, but I use Android. I too do not want to give up any functionality of the cameras and other features. I will have an easier solution by switching to the next Iphone when It comes out in September. I would call Crutchfield and find out if a replacement head unit would maintain all of the existing features. You don't have to buy from them, just find out if its even possible.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Can I have your old head unit? As bad as Entune is it's a huge upgrade from the head unit in the Canadian XLE! Bleh

1 - 3 of 3 Posts