Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Please excuse me and do not rag me for asking the age old question :laugh. I have read lot of questions and their responses and they seem to be too full of geek words or too old to be relevant, hence please pardon me in asking -

what are the possible compatible options for my Rav4 2010 (Base Trim) if I intend to upgrade my OEM dumb CD stereo with a smart system with
  • Touchscreen display, Bluetooth, backup camera, Pandora, Iphone enabled, USB, SiriusXM (good to have) , decent brand and not some chinese, should go well with Rav4 interior and not forced unit with gaps etc, ease of installation, less than $400
Please suggest your thoughts. if there are any recent thread with some useful information, please point to me. Thanks in anticipation

·
Registered
27 Posts
Reactions: joydubey

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Ralph - thanks, it looks pretty neat! :) it is $200 over my budget but let me pitch it with my shortlists from crutchfield. thanks again

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh so naive of me! I did get onto this site but didn't realized. Today I searched and found some cool options. In fact the feature "call the expert" and expert pushing the comparison screen on your browser sitting at his desk was amazing. I am going to make a call from this site. Thanks buddy!

P.S. - next time I am in VA, I am going to be in their outlet too.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Have you checked the Android audio threads? lots of Android RAV4 specific decks coming out of China that seem to be getting OK reviews.

·
Registered
27 Posts
It seems that the Android units have lots of features but are often less reliable than the Japanese rivals. If you don't need all the features, or have invested in the Apple universe, then a big brand unit may make more sense. Plus if it goes wrong you are more likely to get a repair or replacement. Buying last year's model can save money.

·
Registered
300 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
A thousand bucks!!!
Might be just a little over your budget!

·
Registered
300 Posts
There are cheaper ones out there that are under $500. That link had the most pictures so that was more for the question.

·
Registered
300 Posts
I'm basically looking around to see if there is an existing Toyota OEM upgrade that include the feature of HD Radio and Bluetooth. Don't really care about anything else and if I can get those 2 options for under $400 then I might spring for it before I turn to the aftermarket.

·
Registered
300 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
There are cheaper ones out there that are under $500. That link had the most pictures so that was more for the question.
:)
On the pics in that advert the plugs look the same as on my head unit, so that's a good start.

·
Registered
27 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts