Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about replacing the head unit and have a few questions. is the siriusxm receiver part of the existing head unit or a separate unit? Also looking if anyone that has upgraded can give me parts they have used and had good experience with. I want to keep the backup camera and steering wheel controls with as little splicing of wires as possible.

Thanks

·
Registered
334 Posts
I bought the aftermarket head unit here: It came with all connectors. Rear view camera works fine.

ROM 16G Quad Core 1024*600 Android 4.4.4 Fit Toyota RAV4 2013 2014 2015 Car DVD Player GPS TV 3G Radio WIFI Bluetooth-in Car DVD from Automobiles & Motorcycles on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

Also bought canbus from same place. Canbus is for steering wheel controls. It'll be pre-connected to main harness since it's from same seller.

Canbus of car dvd accessories just be sold with car dvd on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

I bought PAC USB-TY1 OEM USB port retention cable on Ebay. This cable is for front USB port.

New Pac USB TY1 USB Port Retention Cable for Select 2012 Up Toyota Lexus | eBay

I added a dual USB charger/audio port

Dual USB Charger Audio Port Interface for Toyota Cars Blank Switch Hole JL | eBay

The head unit came with Sygic navigation. It has additional video input. I connected front view camera to it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi
I'm glad that I found another member who bought exactly the same after market car multimedia system with navi.
I owe rav4 2013 limited with navi and sat radio. I'm gonna soon make this replacement and if you don't mind , could you give me some tips how to adapt some connectors , what I see they are different than are in my car.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts