Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone done this mod??

have there be a noticeable difference?

I've done this mod on my Corolla... and it helped with solving a dimming headlight problem, low idle, and I think it even increased my gas mileage slightly

just wondering if anyone else has done this to their Rav

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
I've done some custom ground wires on my 1998 RAV4 and have noticed a slight increase in the performance of my stereo. Some say that it also increases vehicle performance as well, but I can't tell much of a difference. Maybe a little more pep at acceleration. :D

I made some PDF files on how to make them and where to put them. Look at the banner at the top and click on LINKS. It is located under the RAV4World EXCLUSIVES section. Good luck. :D

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
go to any Auto Stereo place

ask for 4gauge wire, they sell it by the foot

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I upgraded the 3 major electrical wires ( alternator positive to battery positive, battery negative to chassis, and engine ground to chassis.) to 0 gauge wires and it took about 1/2 an hour. I dont know if you need to go as big as I went but it cant hurt. To buy the best type of wire for this you should check out any car stereo shop that does installations. I capped the ends of the wire using platinum ring terminals. When You are doing it You should leave the factory wires in place until You get your new wires secured.

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
any one used the Hyper Ground System for RAV4? it's made by a Japanese manufacture Sun Auto. I'm not sure how to compare the spec to find a good ground system. Please give more infor, thanks!!

Link to their US site:
http://www.sunautomobile.com/

·
Registered
210 Posts
wildwildwilliam said:
any one used the Hyper Ground System for RAV4? it's made by a Japanese manufacture Sun Auto. I'm not sure how to compare the spec to find a good ground system. Please give more infor, thanks!!

Link to their US site:
http://www.sunautomobile.com/
Just checked the site and must say it's laughable general claims are product selling hype at best.

·
Registered
20 Posts
i have the Apexi grounding kit on my Rav4. didnt really notice that much of a difference at all but it seems to run a little smoother. i have seen dyno printouts on a STI where it gained like 12whp with the Apexi one.

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
any changes on your lights? stereo? other electronics?

Thanks,

1 - 10 of 10 Posts