Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
U

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm very interested to know if anyone here has upgraded from the standard to the JBL system or upgraded from the standard to a brand-name stereo system in the 2006 Rav4 *after* they've purchased it and had it awhile and whether or not it improved the sound. I realize it's a bit soon to get a lot of feedback (if any yet), but wanted to start this thread now because I'd like to upgrade as soon as possible but want to read how others experience was with this. Due to the unique design of the dash where the stereo system lies I imagine this would be a difficult procedure. However, I don't have a lot of experience with replacing factory stereo systems. I know it's popular to do.

Also, what would this do to my warranty? And how much does this cost?

Thanks!

J.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I'm waiting for someone to just remove the stereo. Contemplated on just prying but decided against it. Didn't want to put pry marks or anything on the brand new dash.

Because of it's unique design, there will probably be trim plates to fit either DIN or double-DIN head units. I doubt there is any aftermarket radios for it yet since it's so new.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts