Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I have been thinking of upgrading my stereo on my Rav4 2007 so that I get Bluetooth, hands free and an AUX-input.
I’m not looking for replacing the speakers or such (right now) and just want an easy upgrade custom made for the car just to stick in place.

I’ve been looking into custom-made replacement units but I don’t know. They all seam to be made by some (presumingly) low quality no name Asian manufacturer. I might be totally wrong here but I did buy some tech stuff from Asia some years ago like a Android pad but all the stuff was pure crap and these custom made stereos seams to be kind of the same stuff, but yes I might be totally wrong.
Some one that have tested these kinds of replacement units?
Like these:
1. http://www.amazon.com/Replacement-Touchscreen-Navigation-Interface-Installation/dp/B007R67M06
2. Android Car DVD Player for Toyota RAV4 with GPS 3G Wifi

What do you think?

I have also looked in to an add on module you install in place of the CD changer.
This one (or both) seams to work fine: Bluetooth and iPhone/iPod/AUX Kits for Toyota RAV4 2006-2012 | GTA Car Kits

Is it a better way to go to keep the original stereo and add the module or what do you think? Have you tested some of these solutions?

Thanks and regards /Pontus

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
If those were cheaper I might consider them. But you can get some pretty good respected head unit brands at that price point. Have been liking our Clarion NX404.

Also a 2007 would be a 4.3 and you posted in 4.4. :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If those were cheaper I might consider them. But you can get some pretty good respected head unit brands at that price point. Have been liking our Clarion NX404.
Ohh thanks, how does it work and especially how was it to install and how does it fit?

Also a 2007 would be a 4.3 and you posted in 4.4. :)
Ohhh my bad, new to this forum I guess, may be an admin may move my post to the right place?

·
Registered
244 Posts
Hi Pontus,

If would ask me, choose anything but a Chinese Android/Win head unit.
Focus on the real brands, and maybe consisder a version with Apple/Android Carplay.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the advices.
How does "real brand" stereos and especially the Kenwood DDX9902s function with the steering wheel controls, do they work?

Regards /Pontus

·
Registered
23 Posts
Works perfectly...just have to get the maestro RR...how well it works depends on the stereo unit...it supports most kenwood units but check their website to ensure compatibility with whichever unit you're considering...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts