Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

While playing audio through the USB port on a 2013 Limited....mine not only sounds like "snap, crackle, pop" but the whole computer shuts off and restarts 10+ times in a row. When it shuts off it makes a loud noise that sounds like a balloon bursting. Sometimes this startles me while I am driving. When the system restarts it comes back to the same song it was playing but I am unable to change folders, tracks, etc. The text is sometimes blank and the song won't play. It just keeps restarting. Then sometimes I can play this same USB drive with absolutely no issues.

I've tried several different USB drives of different memory sizes, with different songs, etc, and no luck. I have tried with just one song on the drive and eventually this issue will happen. It is intermittent but driving me crazy. :mad: Sometimes I can go for days without any issue and sometimes the system will restart over and over.

When I play a CD the sound is immaculate. But playing music through the USB even sounds sub-par.

I've browsed the forums for information on the USB device causing popping and crackling noises while playing. Like the issues described here... http://www.rav4world.com/forums/124-4-4-interior/118242-popping-crackling-audio-noise-2.html

Anyway it's been two years... has anyone been able to get a fix or find a solution to this?

Thanks.

G

·
Check the bit rate of the songs.. I believe if it's higher than 192 you will get the snap/pop sounds.
The bit rate of all my songs on the USB are between 128 and 192, and work perfectly.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.