Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

I recently became a RAV4 owner the other day and I have been playing around with the vehicle. I am having problems with the audio tho.

My problem is when I play audio through the USB it loads everything and appears to work perfectly but at random times in every song it gets hung up and can't load/play anymore. The only way I can load it again is by turning off the console and having it restart. Then it works again till a random time it freezes and then I have to repeat it again.

I have looked at other posts and I have tried those things ie. formating/ mp3 files/ bit rate but no luck.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Try a different USB stick. Preferably one of the newer USB-3 types.
I had tried other ones but they were all 2.0. Thanks for suggesting USB 3.0 I went out and bought a 16gb sandisk 3.0 on sale for 12 bucks loaded the same songs and tada works beautifully.

Thanks again for the post.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I use a USB drive for my music and haven't been all that impressed with the Entune system, but there was a recent upgrade in March that solved a few of my issues.

You might want to ensure you have the most current software. Mine is DU 70.69. You can determine which version you have, but I don't remember the steps.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
so this morning I was playing some tunes and sure enough it froze. I tried to recreate where it froze and I couldent, then i didnt have a problem for the rest of the day, until it happened and then nothing again. I'm starting to think its the head unit and not the USB or songs. I am going to look into updating the head unit and I'll see if that does anything

1 - 5 of 5 Posts