Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wanting to install a USB charging port in my console (next to the cigarette lighter). I went on Amazon and bought this 2 plug set up that "fit" my application. I get the whole console tore apart and SURPRIZE, it doesn't fit! Ugh! Has anyone installed a USB port into the dash anywhere that does fit into one of the accessory holes? If so, where did you get it? I would like to get the right one. Thanks Amazon! LOL

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,715 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've had this one on my Amazon wish list for some time. I'm told it will fit:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00VFCDX4W

You might want to verify the dimensions, this is from that page: 2.9 x 1.9 x 1.4 inches

And here's another one that looks like it should fit:

https://www.amazon.com/Cllena-TOYOTA-Dashboard-Charger-1-2A-2/dp/B01CTOKI06
Thanks for this as it is much more useful to new users than some reply's! Doing a search on long standing forums is a bit like dumpster diving and things get missed.

I love the second option! Want one.

John

·
Registered
244 Posts
Hi Konaexpress,

That's a quite loud way to enter your first posts on a forum you're new to, complete with exclamation mark.

The 3 links I gave are a helping hand, and also to prevent new members from searching in all the topics.
All 3 links to a USB topic are from 2016, so they are up to date. Most probably you did not check this first.
I should advise my USB charger with amber colored LED lights, like I mentioned in the first link, page 2.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Then you got my point?

Remember, kindness goes a lot further with new users/members than "snark". New members are about a third of the life-blood of a forum so we should give them a good, welcoming, and safe place to ask questions no matter what the forum subject is.

I wish you the best,

John

1 - 7 of 7 Posts