Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a way to fast forward through files stored on a USB drive through the radio interface or steering wheel controls?

I've searched a while, looked in the owner's manual, and don't see any references. I'd love it to skip through advertisements or other minor annoyances in a few podcasts I like to listen to on long drives. I'd settle for a skip forward 30-seconds button like virtually all the other 'podcatcher' apps I have on my phone.

Thanks for any insight.

·
Registered
268 Posts
I think you would be better off playing podcasts with a dedicated app via BT. The app will allow you to map the wheel/head unit buttons to do what you want.

I use BeyondPod with my 2013 RAV4 with JBL/NAV. I have it set to skip forward 30 seconds with the Up Arrow or Seek buttons. I also have it set to skip to the next show with the Down Arrow or Track buttons but you can also set it to rewind.

I've used many of the podcast apps available on Android (Note 4). Beyond Pod is the one that works the best for me. Yeah, it's a pricey app but that's all I listen to when I drive so it is worth it to me. I used to use DoggCatcher and I've tried Pocket Casts but neither of them was ideal for me.

Reactions: tron

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks - we'll give that a try.

Since I'm getting older (aren't we all), and after the recent Entune & headunit update, I noticed one more quirk... I think.

I thought that before the update, when you were listening to something from the USB drive and shout off the vehicle - when you turned it back on the file resumed from where it was at time of shut off. Now it starts at the beginning of the file again. Am I remembering something different - or just crazy?

·
Registered
301 Posts
I thought that before the update, when you were listening to something from the USB drive and shout off the vehicle - when you turned it back on the file resumed from where it was at time of shut off. Now it starts at the beginning of the file again. Am I remembering something different - or just crazy?
My USB file will resume playing from the same spot when I turn the vehicle back on. It will also resume playing from the same spot if I turn the radio off, back on, and select USB again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.