Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2015 Rav4 (that I love very much!!). I play music that I've downloaded onto a 16gb flash drive through the USB port on a regular basis.

I've noticed that, as the weather starts getting warmer in the northeast, I'm having problems with the playback. First thing in the morning, when the interior cabin area is cool, the flash drive works just fine. But at the end of the work day, when the interior has become hot from the daytime sun, the USB indicator does not light up and I'm unable to playback the music. After the interior has cooled down (either opening the windows or turning on the A/C), the indicator comes on and I'll able to playback the music.

I've tried removing the flash drive before turning the car off or not plugging it in until after starting the car, but the problem is becoming more frequent.

Could interior cabin temperature affect the USB port to function correctly?

·
Registered
449 Posts
On subject, how do you make the USB play continuously? It keeps playing the same song. I've set it to play random and not repeat. I'm just learning about this car.(XLE Hybrid).
Thanks.

·
Registered
19 Posts
On subject, how do you make the USB play continuously? It keeps playing the same song. I've set it to play random and not repeat. I'm just learning about this car.(XLE Hybrid).
Thanks.
I sent Toyota a message about the problem you are talking about. I had someone call me back and he walked me through some steps to confirm I had the problem he was working on. What I find is the song playing when the vehicle is shut off starts up when turned back on. The problem is it defaults to artist not songs, so it will randomly play songs by the artist/album that was last playing. If you only have one song by that artist it will loop that song until you click browse songs then random on that screen. Every time I start the vehicle I have to do this. The guy from Toyota told me the fix should be in a couple months and that was sometime in April. This is very annoying and needs fixed. I have the Entune Premium, all my other Toyota's did not have entune and played perfectly.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Thanks Murph28.
It's PITA. It's a old thumb drive from my Corolla. Thought it was a setting I missed. I don't have the entune. It played the same song on a 20" drive. Like you I clicked browse and select another song. Have to do it everytime while driving.

·
Premium Member
2,505 Posts
USBs are not all the same. Try a new one. Beware of 'Bay counterfeits.

·
Registered
449 Posts
USBs are not all the same. Try a new one. Beware of 'Bay counterfeits.
Use it back in my Corolla and it plays fine like it always does. You still think it's the thumb drive and not the RAV4 radio?:serious

·
Premium Member
7,980 Posts
A different USB 2.0 stick would be my first suggestion. :wink

·
Registered
449 Posts
A different USB 2.0 stick would be my first suggestion. :wink
Why? It play normal in the Corolla. Cannot be the drive. Unless Rav 4 plays different format. No mention in manual.

·
Premium Member
7,980 Posts
I've had dozens of USB sticks, most worked in all PCs/Laptops, but some don't, they're cheap Chinese electronics, try another one, that's prolly what the dealer will recommend when you tell them it works in another car. It could be the indexing for the other car that's the problem. Costco has 3.0 128Gb for $30.

·
Registered
449 Posts
I've had dozens of USB sticks, most worked in all PCs/Laptops, but some don't, they're cheap Chinese electronics, try another one, that's prolly what the dealer will recommend when you tell them it works in another car. It could be the indexing for the other car that's the problem. Costco has 3.0 128Gb for $30.
Agree. But if it's not made in China, I'd probably cannot afford.
I just spent 2 hours just searching here on "USB" and found it's an Entune problem since 2015 and still no solution.
I also have lots of thumb drives, SD cards for dashcam for storage purposes. Putting another in or buying another is no big deal. Not solving the problem is.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts