Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I can’t seem to get a dang phone mounted in this car (2011) in a place that I can see/reach and that also stays. I keep buying phone vents but they keep falling out.

1). Has anyone found a phone vent for this car that actually stays in securely?

2). Has anyone tried to mount their phone to the navigation screen with a suction cup or something? I don’t need that screen at all and it would be the perfect flat surface… but I’m not sure if the suction would damage it in anyway.

thanks 🙏🏼

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
I can’t seem to get a dang phone mounted in this car in a place that I can see/reach and that also stays. I keep buying phone vents but they keep falling out.

2). Has anyone tried to mount their phone to the navigation screen with a suction cup or some thing? I don’t need that screen at all and it would be the perfect flat surface… But I’m not sure if the suction would damage it in anyway.

thanks
I don’t suggest using a suction cup on the nav screen.

As for vent mounts, have you tried the one by Spigen? I’ve been using this in my 2012 model with an iPhone 12 Pro and it works like a charm. In my case my vents are mounted above the radio - in yours it may be on a downward slant so that might affect it.

Another alternative is to consider the ones that screw in to the dash - in this case a thin piece of metal is screwed in behind a plastic trim, so the screw holes are not visible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2003 Forester X
32 Posts
Please for the love of god don't put suction on a touch screen. It will leave a forever black mark on the screen and not be touch there anymore. My friends ex did this in her RX450h.

I've had Spigen brand cases on my last 3 phones. I think their products are amazing.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I can’t seem to get a dang phone mounted in this car (2011) in a place that I can see/reach and that also stays. I keep buying phone vents but they keep falling out.

2). Has anyone tried to mount their phone to the navigation screen with a suction cup or something? I don’t need that screen at all and it would be the perfect flat surface… but I’m not sure if the suction would damage it in anyway.

thanks 🙏🏼
I have a ProClip on all my cars. ( ProClip USA | Car Phone Holders and Dashboard Phone Mounts) They are sturdy and I have never had one come off. They are usually right beside the steering wheel where they are easily seen. ProClip is a two part system: one part custom fitted to your car, and a second part custom fitted to your phone or tablet.

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Please for the love of god don't put suction on a touch screen. It will leave a forever black mark on the screen and not be touch there anymore. My friends ex did this in her RX450h.

I've had Spigen brand cases on my last 3 phones. I think their products are amazing.
I’m thoroughly impressed with mine, and I’m using the insert plate with my company-supplied otterbox case. Honestly I’d been on the verge of dropping $1000 on an aftermarket head unit (Canadian electronics prices are criminal) but $17 for two vent clips and two steel plates saved me from that. Still using my original HU, and no plans to upgrade. It even holds this monster phone when I’m bouncing around on construction sites.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts