Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! There is someone near me(Northern California) selling a 2007 4-cyl RAV-4 with 140,000 miles on it for $6,500. Is this a fair price? Are these known to go as long(or longer) than previous years, like 250,000+ miles? I was so excited about possibly driving this car but after looking online, they seem to have LOTS of potential problems... Would the warranty still cover the major issues?

I am rather clueless when it comes to cars but have been googling intensively for the past few days. I do not know much about the car, only what my mechanic(who's detailing the car) has been telling me. I also know that another person is interested in the car so I am hoping to (finally) make up my mind to decide if it's even worth a test drive...

I am sorry if I have posted in the wrong spot. :( I am just so frazzled after I was so excited just yesterday... I have always wanted a RAV-4 but I don't want my eagerness to get the best of me(and my wallet!)

·
Registered
8,524 Posts
Copied from my post on another thread which I believe you started: "Welcome, Allison. Congrats on being a new mom! You can check on the repairs, recall work, and service done by Toyota dealers and their service departments on any Toyota RAV which you might consider buying by going to: www.toyotaowners.com and registering and then entering the VIN of the RAV. If you don't like what results and you wish to consider another vehicle you can delete the previous RAV and enter the VIN of the next one."

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am going to be looking at the 2007 4-cyl RAV-4 in a few hours. Anyone have any suggestions as to what questions I should ask? I'm going to be sure to ask about whether the car has had the standard issues recalls and also ask about maintenance records. And of course, I will also run the VIN. Any other input? I just want to make sure I cover all the bases! Thank you!

·
Registered
8,524 Posts
I am going to be looking at the 2007 4-cyl RAV-4 in a few hours. Anyone have any suggestions as to what questions I should ask? I'm going to be sure to ask about whether the car has had the standard issues recalls and also ask about maintenance records. And of course, I will also run the VIN. Any other input? I just want to make sure I cover all the bases! Thank you!

4.3 Mechanical - Toyota RAV4 Forums
This links to quite a lot of info to browse through, but doing so may be useful:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

4.3 Mechanical - Toyota RAV4 Forums
This links to quite a lot of info to browse through, but doing so may be useful:
Thanks, Blogson! I'm going to ask about oil consumption and also about the steering shaft. I'm just scared...

·
Registered
8,524 Posts
Thanks, Blogson! I'm going to ask about oil consumption and also about the steering shaft. I'm just scared...

You probably know that 2007 was one of the year models with the 4-cyl. engine which had high oil consumption. There was a Toyota remedy for the situation, so that should have been done and would show up on the Toyota owners.com report. Strongly suggest not buying that RAV if the work hasn't been done. Also again suggest that you not be in a hurry, and if necessary wait and keep your eyes open for the right vehicle.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

You probably know that 2007 was one of the year models with the 4-cyl. engine which had high oil consumption. There was a Toyota remedy for the situation, so that should have been done and would show up on the Toyota owners.com report. Strongly suggest not buying that RAV if the work hasn't been done. Also again suggest that you not be in a hurry, and if necessary wait and keep your eyes open for the right vehicle.
Thank you for your input. And I definitely agree. It seems that the major issue with the 2007, based on what I read, is the oil consumption, but IF that has been taken care of under warranty, would that years model be "good"? I guess I'm confused since the issues seem to be covered under warranty; would that make the car comparable to better RAV years? Or does the oil consumption issue mean there's even more underlying problems? I AM SO LOST.

·
Registered
8,524 Posts
Thank you for your input. And I definitely agree. It seems that the major issue with the 2007, based on what I read, is the oil consumption, but IF that has been taken care of under warranty, would that years model be "good"? I guess I'm confused since the issues seem to be covered under warranty; would that make the car comparable to better RAV years? Or does the oil consumption issue mean there's even more underlying problems? I AM SO LOST.

The oil consumption issue was a separate situation, on its own. So it has nothing to do with the reliability for the rest of the vehicle. Maybe you're feeling lost because you're trying to process too much information at once - suggest that you figuratively take few deep breaths and try to relax, at least a little! :wink

1 - 8 of 8 Posts