Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Oil: Mobil1 0w20 Extended Permformance
Filter: Fram Ultra XG9972

Here is the recent oil change from my 2013 Toyota RAV4. This is my first extended oil change, having just come off of the ToyotaCare free maintenance not too long ago. I'm not sure where the elevated silicon came from, it still had the factory air filter in it (replaced after the oil change). The only thing I can figure is maybe the receptacle I put the oil in was contaminated. I couldn't find my Blackstone kit so I put the oil in a new mini Ball jar and let the heat of the oil dissipating seal the lid. We'll see how it trends.

Looking at the outside of the filter versus the inside and considering the low insoluble level, this filter did the job I would expect from synthetic filter media.

·
Super Moderator
11,138 Posts
The Mobil 1 held up very well indeed. I bet the silicon is down next time. Great TBN also. Any top off over the 11K miles?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The Mobil 1 held up very well indeed. I bet the silicon is down next time. Great TBN also. Any top off over the 11K miles?
No make up oil. It was about half a quart low when I changed it, which I think it pretty great performance for 11k miles!

·
Registered
286 Posts
Thanks for investing the money and sharing. Good to see other empirical evidence that 10,000 mile oil changes are quite suitable for these vehicles.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for investing the money and sharing. Good to see other empirical evidence that 10,000 mile oil changes are quite suitable for these vehicles.
You bet! I'm going to take the next change to 13k and post the results here again. Stay tuned!

·
Registered
8,591 Posts
Saw this same report on the Toyota Nation forum. I'm surprised that the oil was half a quart low after 11k miles. No Toyota I've ever owned has used any oil between changes. Even though with two Toyotas the oil change interval was 6k miles the oil when changed was at the same level as it had been when the new oil first had been installed, and conventional oil was used in both.

It will be interesting to have your report after the next analysis.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts