Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I mainly am curious because I'm trying to avoid having to install the aftermarket speakers that are usually needed when you put in an aftermarket head unit due to over powering the stock ones. The stock speakers sound great I would just like to put my subs in from my old vehicle.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
17 Posts
Its a great way to do some Feedback. The way its plug, the speakers are working as a microphone and send to the amplifier some undesirable noise. I have already done that setup and when you close a door, a big sound come out from the sub like "boom"

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That sounds like a bad ground cable, has happened to me in my past vehicle, change your ground cables location and it may fix it.

·
Registered
17 Posts
No, I mean, the setup you want to make is acting like a microphone plug on an amplifier. The speaker can induces some bad noise intro the "speaker line" where you taking the sound for the amplifier of the subwoofer. So when the car hit a hole or you close a door, the speaker will move and put a signal that will be going intro your woofer

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That makes a lot more sense. Did you have that piece hanging loose or was is fastened to something so there was no play in the wires? Did you end up installing an aftermarket unit?

·
Registered
17 Posts
All was setup correctly, some amplifier have the "hi-input" option build-in. It was a Kenwood amplifier and the setup was on a small car. When we were increasing the volume at hi-level, the system make a bad loop back noise from the speaker. We finally install an aftermarket radio to have a better sound quality

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Were you able to use your stock speakers with the new head unit? I just fear damage to them as I do not want to tear the doors off and install aftermarket ones

1 - 10 of 10 Posts