Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
I agree. My electrician was top notch and walked me through the whole process and advising to start one breaker at the time starting by the heavy load ones first and to keep all the 220v ones off at all time.
At the same time he left a sticker with all the steps on the electrical panel cover.

Volt and Bolt EV Inverter Kits Availability Coming to an End...

You may be surprised by how limited the 1500W provided by the DC/AC inverter in your Prime is. When I lost power for several days about a month ago due to a windstorm, the above 2500W inverter being fed by a Gen1 Volt was barely enough to power a couple TVs, keep the internet going and running a single fridge. Made the mistake of trying to plug in a space heater and it immediately tripped the OL protection on the inverter. Won't make that mistake again. Having 1500W avail on-the-fly will be nice but you can forget about powering everything in the house.

·
Registered
406 Posts
I asked this a while ago, but I don't think I've heard- Does anyone yet know it the supplied 1500 watt inverter is sine wave? (vs modified square wave)

AUKUYEE Updated 2.4" TFT Digital Oscilloscope Kit with Power Supply and BNC-Clip Cable Probe Q15001 (Assembled Finished Machine)

I would be surprised if the Toyota OEM inverter is pure sine wave but I could be wrong...using a cheap o'scope similar to linked above would confirm whether output was pure (top example pic) vs modified (bottom example pic)

FWIW: Only issue I have ran into previously using modified sine wave inverter was an UPS that refused to be powered by anything other than pure sine wave AC...most consumer electronics won't care whether the AC is modified sine wave or not

·
Registered
406 Posts
Confirmed it is sine wave.

At the very least since it would seem the OEM Toyota DCtoDC converter may set you back a couple Canadian bucks to score!;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.