Registered
10,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
SeriousBlack said:
mensajero said:
SeriousBlack said:
I have a V6 5 speed :lol:
Stick or Auto?
Auto ... they make a 5 speed manny tranny with the V6?
As I was told in the dealer. They do have a 5 speed stick. But it's a special order. But from the looks of it, it's pricey in PR. What I could perceive from the seller, he just wanted to push the price up for the V6 5 Speed, so then you can go into 4Runner price territory and step up. But, it IS available, for a price. :cry:

·
Registered
7,808 Posts
mensajero said:
SeriousBlack said:
mensajero said:
SeriousBlack said:
I have a V6 5 speed :lol:
Stick or Auto?
Auto ... they make a 5 speed manny tranny with the V6?
As I was told in the dealer. They do have a 5 speed stick. But it's a special order. But from the looks of it, it's pricey in PR. What I could perceive from the seller, he just wanted to push the price up for the V6 5 Speed, so then you can go into 4Runner price territory and step up. But, it IS available, for a price. :cry:
news to me 8)

·
Registered
249 Posts
Yep, news to me, too. The Toyota of PR website makes no mention of a manual, even with the four.

In Germany, you can get a manual transmission, but only with a gas or diesel four. The V6 isn't even offered there.

Looking at the brochure you're talking about, all of the V6 trims are marked "special order," and they all come with an "Automatica 5 velocidades." My Spanish isn't great, but I think I know what that first word means.

V6 five-speed stick with third row--I'd be very interested. But I don't think it exists. When's the last time Toyota offered a manual with any transverse V6, in any model? It's been a while.

·
Registered
233 Posts
In Europe you get the manual but the reviews state that the manual is finigy and sticky. But they like the auto.

·
Registered
67 Posts
mkaresh said:
Yep, news to me, too. The Toyota of PR website makes no mention of a manual, even with the four.

In Germany, you can get a manual transmission, but only with a gas or diesel four. The V6 isn't even offered there.

Looking at the brochure you're talking about, all of the V6 trims are marked "special order," and they all come with an "Automatica 5 velocidades." My Spanish isn't great, but I think I know what that first word means.

V6 five-speed stick with third row--I'd be very interested. But I don't think it exists. When's the last time Toyota offered a manual with any transverse V6, in any model? It's been a while.
My spanish is pretty good. It means 5 speed automatic.

·
Registered
66 Posts
in Mexico you can only get the I4 and even limiteds are like that... not sure if for 2007 Toyota may have the V6 available as an option but I just couldn't wait so I got the I-4; anyhow, and I'm very pleased with it :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts