Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am unable to get V6 LTD 4wd ...my local dealers have been trying more than a month now but they are not able to hold or get any V6 LTD 4wD from the port..

I changed my mind now to move to V6 Base 4wd or 4cyl ltd 4wd...

Option here is V6 base or I4 LTD?

What do you think and which is more practically good for every day ride??

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bali.... where are you? I'm curious to know how the regions are doing with availablitly....I have several of those(LTD V6 4x4)... I find this regional thing very odd....and I work for Toyota!!

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Depends on what kind of driving you are doing (city vs freeway/hills) and your personal preference (engine power vs creture comforts). Where are you leaning?

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I live in nebraska area...the regional port is kansas for 6 states.
I checked with couple of dealers and they said only very very few ltd are coming for this region most of them are booked while on the freight.

KC456, i decided to go for V6 LTD since it is very hard to get, i am looking V6 base but couple of ltd std options are attracting me like heated side mirror, better sterio system,security alarm,leather steering wheels with audio controls..

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I opted for the Base V6 over the other options. I figure I can always add to it as time goes on. I plan on getting chrome exhaust tip, bug deflector, running boards and a Limited Chrome Grill. There is not a big difference in MPG between the 4 cyl. and the V6. Good luck.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The leather steering wheel with audio controls and the JBL were worth getting a LTD. I too had the same choice you are facing. It was both an availabilty issue, back in February all V6 were hard to come by, and a cost issue. I could have puchased a base v6, but after driving the I4 and V6, I chose the bells and whistles of the LTD, over smoking tires :wink: I liked the V6, but not enough to buy one stripped down. To me the I4 LTD was a better value for what you get :D

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm a little biased as I have went for the I4 Limited 4X4. Plenty of power and good mileage. Normally, I'd go for the highest HP motor, but I found the 2.4L to be a good balance. I have the 240HP V6 in my 2004 Accord EX - I like that one also! 8)

X

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
flyingn said:
I opted for the Limited 4 also. The 4 has plenty of power and 30 mpg on the highway is hard to beat...
just pick the 4 cyl. I have one and i tested my rav with almost 400 kg of material, 3 persona and believe me the car was running like normal empty car

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If you don't have a problem with other vehicles cuttin' in front of ya, buy the 4 cyl.

For some odd reason, I have a problem with that, I go with the V6. :lol:

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Buying a V6 will not keep aggressive drivers from messing with ya man. The I4 is no slouch when it comes to merging, it can throw your head back in between 3500 and 4000 RPMs. :D

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Buying a V6 will not keep aggressive drivers from messing with ya...

No, but around here we have a few places where two lanes merge into one lane shortly after the stop light...

...with the RAV4 V6, I won't have to be concerned. :twisted:

·
Registered
4,670 Posts
DittoDude said:
If you don't have a problem with other vehicles cuttin' in front of ya, buy the 4 cyl.

You mean you never let anybody cut in front of you? I guess if you run into an agressive driver, the V6 could actually make the situation worst. Can anybody say road rage!!!!!

Y

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The G Man said:
DittoDude said:

You mean you never let anybody cut in front of you? I guess if you run into an agressive driver, the V6 could actually make the situation worst. Can anybody say road rage!!!!!
V6 powered road rage... :roll:

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
No, what I mean is:

I am stopped at a traffic light waiting for it to turn green. Fifteen seconds later the car I just passed pulls into the right lane next to me. The light turns green and the car next to me gives it the gas and tries to pull ahead of me and pull into my lane because the two lanes merge into one lane 1/4 of a mile down the road.

Now, why would I want to let a guy who is driving slower than me get in front of me and slow me down? Especially if I have a vehicle faster than his.

There is no road rage involved, if anyone should be mad, it is me at him. Why should he be mad at me? Because I didn't let him cut in front of me?

There's no reason to have a V6 or V8 if you can't use it, get a 4 cyl. instead.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
What if that guy has one too. Or a car that is at least as quick. You both floor it trying to get position, you run out of two lane road and you both swap paint trying to be first :?: :?: Bet they will be some road rage then :lol:

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
No, I'll back off and let the guy cut in front of me, I'm not gonna get in a wreck. And then if he's still going slower than I want to go, I'll pass him further down the road.

It's getting harder and harder to pass on that road though, more and more traffic every week.

Look, I'm a good driver and a courteous driver but I don't always let inconsiderate drivers have their way.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts