Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know or have a clue if the V6 will be optional for Europe also?? Getting nervous and can't wait til 12'th sept :?

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sadly no V6 for Europe, Same old 2.0L Petrol/Gas engine (152hp) or 135hp 2.2L Diesel or 177hp 2.2L Diesel.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
2.0l does not seem to be the same one as before, new one has 2hp more and 2nm of torque more, plus less consumption with bigger car...

They might make V6 optional with time, as what they did with LC120, even if they estimated only 2% of LC buyers will take it.

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Scott Cummings said:
Same 2.0L engine just slightly revised.
...Well, that doesn´t do it for me. I want more power. Hey Scott....what do you think the new 177 HP diesel will be like? Never tried a diesel before.....do the engine make alot of noise compared to the 2.0??

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
epitaph said:
Scott Cummings said:
Same 2.0L engine just slightly revised.
...Well, that doesn´t do it for me. I want more power. Hey Scott....what do you think the new 177 HP diesel will be like? Never tried a diesel before.....do the engine make alot of noise compared to the 2.0??
Going by reviews of the new 2.2L (135hp) in the Avensis they all say the engine is good and not that noisy like most diesel engines and the 177hp should be even better. You should go for a test drive in the Avensis 2.2L D4-D too see what it's like. Never owned a diesel engined car myself but my parents have had an Audi A4 Avant 2.5TDi, VW Touareg 2.5TDI and recently got a Audi A6 Avant 3.0TDI and I have been impressed by the Diesel engines, The 3.0TDI is very impressive.

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks! I'll look into it for sure. The reason for this is that I will NOT buy another RAV with the 150hp engine. Plus....I really like the package that comes with the RAVX......18" wheels.... :) ....but very noisy maybe?? :roll: Anyway....with the new legislation coming up here in Sweden, a diesel might actually be very economical....still worried about engine noise, but will try it out.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The diesel RAV is only noisy when you are stationary, at tickover. Once it is running, you would not know the difference. One advantage is the fuel economy, mine is running better than 9.6 miles per litre. :)

·
Registered
44 Posts
John-Boy said:
The diesel RAV is only noisy when you are stationary, at tickover. Once it is running, you would not know the difference. One advantage is the fuel economy, mine is running better than 9.6 miles per litre. :)
Are british miles the same length than american ones, 1.6 Km?
If that the case that is an excellent performance. Man, I wish they would bring the diesel over here.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi Ed!

British miles are the same as yours but our gallon is bigger than the US gallon (4.546 litres compared to 3.785)

Like you, we use a mix of Imperial and Metric measurements, all very confusing.

I still measure my fuel consumption in MPG and my diesel RAV is running at 44.1 MPG - mostly on rural roads, with some dual-carriageway (two lanes in each direction).

I have driven a lot of cars but The RAV is my first diesel and I am very pleased with it. European and Japanese diesels have improved enormously over the last few years. There is no black smoke from from the exhaust when starting from cold or when accelerating hard. The exhaust doesn't smell like a diesel, thanks to the catalytic converter I guess, but the fuel itself stinks and most filling stations provide plastic throwaway gloves.

At one time, the engine oil on diesels needed to be changed at pretty short intervals. On the RAV, oil changes are every 10000 miles with major services at 20000.

If gasoline prices escalate much more in the USA/Canada, I guess there will be greater demand for thrifty diesel vehicles.

John

1 - 11 of 11 Posts