Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Is it the standard Toyota regular is recommended, but premium should be used for "optimum performance" or something, or is it regular all the way around?

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
CampingColorado said:
Is it the standard Toyota regular is recommended, but premium should be used for "optimum performance" or something, or is it regular all the way around?
Unless you're in a turbo Supra or a GTS Celica or something that requires higher octane, regular.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Octane at altitude??

Our regular here in Colorado is 85, mid is 87 and premium is 91. Would I use 85 or 87??

·
Registered
4,670 Posts
nouse4aname said:
CampingColorado said:
Unless you're in a turbo Supra or a GTS Celica or something that requires higher octane, regular.
The 06 RAV4 V6 actually have a higher compression ratio than the 05 Celica GTS. The RAV is 10.8:1 and the Celica is 10:1, therefore, the RAV may be able to gain more horsepower from premium fuel than the Celica.

C

·
0 Posts
nouse4aname said:
CampingColorado said:
Actually, my V6 Camry says 87 minimum, or 91 for optimum performance. I run 91.

In Colorado, you should be OK using 85. I forget the exact arguments for it, but it should be safe for the engine. However, if it were me, I'd run 87.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
The G Man said:
nouse4aname said:
CampingColorado said:
The 06 RAV4 V6 actually have a higher compression ratio than the 05 Celica GTS. The RAV is 10.8:1 and the Celica is 10:1, therefore, the RAV may be able to gain more horsepower from premium fuel than the Celica.
The GTS has a compression ratio of 11.5:1 and requires 91 octane. Otherwise the computer is working overtime to prevent pinging.

The GT, which requires 86 octane is what is 10:1

S

·
0 Posts
You would be hard pressed to notice 3-5 horse power, unless of course you were being drug around by 3-5 horses! :lol:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts