Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2010 RAV4 LTD 4wd V6
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a Walker stainless steel replacement muffler for my 2010 Rav4 V6 LTD. This is the model where you cut the OEM muffler off behind the catalytic converter. It looked like an easy job but I struggled to to mount it so that it didn't rattle against the body. After a day of trying and cursing I gave up and took it to a muffler shop. The mechanic had no better luck and said something was wrong with the way the front pipe was welded on. I ordered a another one from the NAPA store and sure enough the front pipe was at a different angle. It installed easily so I returned the defective muffler.
The reason I'm writing this is because I have seen several posts about rattling against the body and wanted to make you aware of the fix.
The first muffler had the pipe pointed down slightly which meant the muffler was higher and rattled. The second one was pointed up which placed the muffler lower.

·
Registered
580 Posts
I haven’t used walker for about 25 years. Got a replacement muffler for a Bronco II and the pipes were smaller diameter, meaning the shop had to make some flared adaptors. A year later did mufflers on my T Bird, and they sure were quiet flow - there was a whoosh/hum futuristic type sound with them on. Had enough by that time. I’m disappointed to hear their fitment issues haven’t improved.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts