Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

Would you buy the Leather trim with Heated Seats?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Still thinking About, But it costs $1440 extra!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please chime in, if you are a proud owner of a V6 Rav4 or if you had the privledge to drive one!!!!! I want to chat with you to get your first impression!

Has anyone had any luck getting a dealer to commit to selling a v6 limited for $100 or $300 over cost.? Every dealer that I've talk to about the v6 will not budge on the price. And is pretty adamant that it'll go for sticker. because it's such an hot car. in six months they be begging for people to buy it!

The closest I've gotten so far is maybe 3% over invoice. But that means about 1000-1500 over invoice. I have contacted every dealer in my city and in the major cities surrounding houston. I'm branching out to maybe illinois; This is the first new car i've ever bought. If I buy from one dealer per se in austin,tx. can i take my car to any dealer in houston to get warranty work done?

Also does anyone have opinion on the 4wd v6. Toyota says that i should only affect MPG by 1 . I don't believe that until Car & driver or motortrend. Has actual reports.

since this car is also so new, Does anyone else has concerns about buying this redesigned car before car test ratings has come in.

Last question for those who are in the know. these v6 in at least houston. Have not "Hit the Ground", who gets allocation first? I talked to a fleet manager and she said they are in the port and will be allcoated next week. I had one dealer tell me that if I where to put my money down first I would get first dibbs. Every other dealer tells me that the first allcoation has been presold or which ever dealer was lucky enough to be allocated a v6 rav4 will not give up the car to another dealer that does have it sold. I'm in the retail electronics business. And our policy is if you haven't sold it yet. we are required to give it to anyone that needs it. I also work alot of "Buddy Deals "with other store location in Houston. i.e I'll give them five of these not so hot digital cameras, and in return they'll give me 2 of the really hot ones. Trading inventory is just a way of business, So their notion that this above example just doesn't work for me. I think, if you give me this one rav4 v6 , on my next allocation, you can take my next two v6's?

·
Registered
422 Posts
Ouch, is it really $1440??? I didn't vote in the poll because I'm not in the market for a 4.3, but for $1440 my vote would be no if I was!

My aftermarket heated leather was $1200 ($900 for the leather and $300 for the heat) and I got to choose colors, types of leather, style of seat covers, and various other options. $1440 seems too high for factory leather.

Becky

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I vote yes for the heated leather seats. I have them in my 2006 RAV4. I love them. They heat up in about 2 minutes. If you plan on moving to Chicago it would be worth it. It can get cold here.
trace

·
Premium Member
3,348 Posts
Becky J. said:
My aftermarket heated leather was $1200 ($900 for the leather and $300 for the heat) and I got to choose colors, types of leather, style of seat covers, and various other options.
Was your $1200 price RETAIL or did you get a SPECIAL price? :D

·
Registered
422 Posts
I actually never did ask the guy if I was paying the "normal" price or if he was doing me any kind of a favor because I was afraid it would've been improper in some way to ask. (The backstory for those who weren't here at the time is that the owner of the auto trim shop is a client of my boss who is an attorney.) I actually kind of suspect that I paid the normal price, but that they did accommodate me as far as ordering everything and getting it installed very quickly. FWIW, we're doing work for him again, so maybe I'll get that power moon roof I've been wanting.... :lol: (I won't, I can't afford it right now!)

I know one or two others here got the Katzkin leather too, but I don't remember if they mentioned how much they paid, but I guess that would tell us if I got a deal or not. :wink:

It might be a good idea for people looking at a 4.3 to check with their local auto trim shop and see what aftermarket leather runs to see how it compares with factory leather.

The price was for leather all around and independently controlled heat in both front seats.

Becky

1 - 6 of 6 Posts