Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I finally have had enough of the constant lack of information from my dealership on when my Rav4- sport will arrive. I ordered my car in march, and was told April 20th, the Rav4 would hit portland Oregon. Since then, no update on when it will be in my hands. I started calling other dealers today looking for a deal to close THIS WEEK. I cannot wait any longer. I'ts so frustrating when you think there is light at teh end, and still no progress. Needless to say I spoke to two more dealers who will look into getting me on this week. That said, I put $500 down for my order, where do I stand if another dealer secures a vehicle for me? From my perspective, it looks like Toyota as a whole let me down, and would want that money back or at least put into the pot for whomever could get me my vehicle.

R

·
0 Posts
On another thread, sstarx pointed me to a website for Russ Auto in Portland OR and I saw that they have a Barcelona Red V6 Sport. Not sure if their site is up to date but you might want to check them out. Here's a direct link to the vehicle:

http://www.russauto.com/ncinv/BT62575.htm

ravgal

·
Registered
11 Posts
Got my Sport in 2 days

Sorry to hear that you`re having so much trouble. Don`t give up!.
I`ve been doing alot of research. Finally last week I went to my local Toyota dealer were I`ve bought 2 cars over the years. Can you believe that they did not want to deal. They had a black V6 sport in the lot, I told them I was looking for a silver but if they gave me the right price I`d take off their hands. They lost the sale. Went to another dealer on the same day but they didn`t have any sports in stock. The Manager got on the phone with a Toy dealer nearby and traded a Base model that he had for a Classic Silver Metallic V6 Sport that`s parked on my driveway... The whole deal took 2 days.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Re: Got my Sport in 2 days

Halo said:
I`ve been doing alot of research. Finally last week I went to my local Toyota dealer were I`ve bought 2 cars over the years. Can you believe that they did not want to deal.
Sounds like it would be fun to drive down to your local Toyota dealer in your new RAV4 and park it in front and see if you can run into the sales guy that lost business for the dealer ship..

Sales guy.."oh hi you back to check on the black RAV??"

you " Pointing to your new RAV...No I bought a silver one from another dealer that was willing to find one for me and trade with that dealer"

Running into the Sales Mgr can be even more amusing :wink:

S

·
0 Posts
Re: Got my Sport in 2 days

summerwind said:
Halo said:
I`ve been doing alot of research. Finally last week I went to my local Toyota dealer were I`ve bought 2 cars over the years. Can you believe that they did not want to deal.
Sounds like it would be fun to drive down to your local Toyota dealer in your new RAV4 and park it in front and see if you can run into the sales guy that lost business for the dealer ship..

Sales guy.."oh hi you back to check on the black RAV??"

you " Pointing to your new RAV...No I bought a silver one from another dealer that was willing to find one for me and trade with that dealer"

Running into the Sales Mgr can be even more amusing :wink:
not really, because that dealer probably will sell that Sport at better price and who knows how many he gets per month right now.

·
Registered
379 Posts
[
quote]I put $500 down for my order, where do I stand if another dealer secures a vehicle for me?
GSX4 This is pretty much cut and dry. What does your contract say about the deposit Refundable or NON? No doubt about it the contract is written for the benefit of the dealer, never the customer. However, it's always going to be up to the dealer if it's stated "Nonrefundable" they always put lots of disclaimers in the contract such as delivery problems are not their fault. Sometimes?? they may refund you deposit for good will and maybe your future business.

T

·
0 Posts
I'm in the same boat up here in Washington. I've been "working" with the same dealership since April 1. Then last week I was told they had my secomd choice color but they had to swap with another dealership. They said I would have it this week. I gave them a $500.00 check to seal the deal last week. I did not sign anything, just gave them the check.

So far this week I have heard nothing and plan to call tomorrow. Actually I'm doubtful. But I'll keep waiting and trying elsewhere.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I ordered a Sport V6 on Feb 18th. They said it would be 4 to 6 weeks, so I put down a $500 deposit. Three weeks ago, the salesman told me it would be here in the first week in May. Two weeks ago, a random check at another nearby dealer showed that they had a car that matched what I wanted. They offered $1600 off sticker. I called the dealer I had the deposit with and he pleaded with me to wait till he got the car I ordered. He admitted that all they do is check with other dealers and trade cars to fill customer needs. I took my 1999 Camry up to a Carmax about 30 miles away to get an estimate of it's value. They also sold new Toyotas. I decided to buy a Limited V6 from them. The first dealer then demanded to be allowed to match thier deal and said they could get a similar vehicle. They then implied that I might have to forfiet my $500. I said "keep it then" and hung up. He called right back and apologized and said he would send out the $500 and hope I did business with them in the future. I got the check in the mail 3 days later. I don't think they can legaly keep your deposit. I will never again leave a deposit with a dealer. It's easier to just check other dealers inventories on the internet.

Carmax gave me $1,840 off sticker. I was very happy.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Trank said:
I gave them a $500.00 check to seal the deal last week. I did not sign anything, just gave them the ch
Trank your on good grounds, (legally that is), to get your deposit back, upon demand. I have no dout that the dealer will return your money without any problems. Nothing was signed, he has no grounds to withhold your money.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I ordered a Sport V6 on Feb 18th. They said it would be 4 to 6 weeks, so I put down a $500 deposit. Three weeks ago, the salesman told me it would be here in the first week in May. Two weeks ago, a random check at another nearby dealer showed that they had a car that matched what I wanted. They offered $1600 off sticker. I called the dealer I had the deposit with and he pleaded with me to wait till he got the car I ordered. He admitted that all they do is check with other dealers and trade cars to fill customer needs. I took my 1999 Camry up to a Carmax about 30 miles away to get an estimate of it's value. They also sold new Toyotas. I decided to buy a Limited V6 from them. The first dealer then demanded to be allowed to match thier deal and said they could get a similar vehicle. They then implied that I might have to forfiet my $500. I said "keep it then" and hung up. He called right back and apologized and said he would send out the $500 and hope I did business with them in the future. I got the check in the mail 3 days later. I don't think they can legaly keep your deposit. I will never again leave a deposit with a dealer. It's easier to just check other dealers inventories on the internet.

Carmax gave me $1,840 off sticker. I was very happy.
Glad you had good luck with that Carmax. I had nothing but issues. They never returned calls or emails. I did end up using their appraisal as leverage on my trade in though.

T

·
0 Posts
I had similar issues buying my V6 Sport 4WD. But, I'm a Toyota team member, so I think the dealer just didn't want to sell me the vehicle at employee pricing since the dealers don't really make much money off of employees. The Flint Mica that I order was "damaged in freight" the day before it was scheduled to arrive. I'm fairly certain that the dealer sold it to someone else for a good profit. So 4 weeks later I ended up with a Classic Silver metallic, but I had to badger the dealer even to get updated on the delivery date and to get a copy of the invoice prior to arrival.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts