Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

V6 w/Leather Delivery Estimate

6K views 22 replies 5 participants last post by  inlets 
G
#1 ·
Hi All,

I ordered a fully loaded Silver Limited V6 w/ Leather about 2 weeks ago (2/5/06). My dealer called me today and said they weren't shipping any V6's with leather yet and it could be 2-3 months. Some of you are much more "in the know" than I am so is this for real or is my dealer just lazy? I'm in the Philadelphia area. Thanks in advance for any insights.

Siggy

#8 ·
what are extra mileage tires?? LOL They are the same tires as any other RAV..
N, these tires are made from the same compound found in the space shuttle tires, exosalibant trimester durobond. I'm surprised you haven't heard of this. :roll:
Hey, if they are willing to gaurantee the tires for 60,000 miles, sign me up! :eek:

#9 ·
siggycom said:
Hi All,

I ordered a fully loaded Silver Limited V6 w/ Leather about 2 weeks ago (2/5/06). My dealer called me today and said they weren't shipping any V6's with leather yet and it could be 2-3 months. Some of you are much more "in the know" than I am so is this for real or is my dealer just lazy? I'm in the Philadelphia area. Thanks in advance for any insights.

Siggy
Hey Siggy,

What options did you order it with? Did you get the DVD player and 3rd row?

If I go with the V6 RAV, it'll be a Limited but w/o the 3rd row and not the DVD - otherwise I want everything else. I'm curious what they're quoting for prices prior to release.

Since I'm still a few months off, I hope to see them fill the lots and drop the price.

G
#10 ·
Steve,

I ordered mine like you want, w/o DVD (I have dogs, not kids) and w/o the 3rd row (same comment) :) . Aside from that I loaded it up, Option package C, alarm, remote start, tow package w/hitch mudguards, blah, blah, blah. I'm paying 30K even and that was struggle to get. Hopefully you can get a better deal.

Siggy

G
#11 ·
Omega Man said:
N, these tires are made from the same compound found in the space shuttle tires, exosalibant trimester durobond. I'm surprised you haven't heard of this. :roll:
Hey, if they are willing to gaurantee the tires for 60,000 miles, sign me up! :eek:
We have the extra mileage tires on our new RAV...and, it is 6 yrs/100,000 miles...guaranteed.

#12 ·
siggycom said:
Steve,

I ordered mine like you want, w/o DVD (I have dogs, not kids) and w/o the 3rd row (same comment) :) . Aside from that I loaded it up, Option package C, alarm, remote start, tow package w/hitch mudguards, blah, blah, blah. I'm paying 30K even and that was struggle to get. Hopefully you can get a better deal.

Siggy
That's exactly the package I was thinking about. Hopefully it will be cheaper by the time I pull the trigger (assuming that's the way my wife and I decide to go).

I thought I read in C&D late last year that the 3rd row seats takes away legroom from the 2nd row. I'd much rather have plenty of room in row 2 than have a 3rd row for the very few times that it would be used. Plus, it sounds like the 3rd row is only for kids anyhow.

Thanks for the info!

G
#13 ·
Hi all,

Went down to a local SoCal dealer last night to drive a 4x2 V6 they had just gotten in. It was nice (compared to my '96 RAV), but I was a little disappointed - I expected the engine to be a little smoother/quieter than it was. We also have a V6 VW Passat, which is (IMHO) pretty smooth, so maybe I'm expecting too much.

Anyway, I'm actually after a V6 4x4, Limited with Leather and side airbags in Nautical Blue, but the salesguy said he couldn't give me a quote until they get one in that matches what I want. Said Toyota won't let you order an exact list of options anymore.

Does this sound right?. If so, what options do people think will come with the Limited V6 Leather?. I.e I don't want a moonroof or heated seats (wifey does though). Do I have to just suck it up and get these anyway?.

Was thinking I could get what I want for $27-$28K (and thats MSRP), but now I'm not so sure.

-Steve

#14 ·
When I price one up on Toyota's site (for the Seattle area), this is how the options work out on a V6 4x4 Limited:

Option Combination #A $2,050
- 50 state emissions(FE)
- JBL AM/FM/6-Disc CD Changer w/9 speakers(EJ)
- Power Tilt/Slide Moonroof w/ Sunshade(SR)
- Roll Sensing Side Curtain Airbags and Driver & Front Passenger Front Seat Mounted Side Airbags(GY)
- Tow Prep Package w/ 3500-lb. towing capacity includes Converter Class 4 Hitch, Heavy Duty 130A Alterrnator,Transmission Oil Cooler & 7 Pin Connector(TO)

Option Combination #B $2,750
- 50 state emissions(FE)
- 50/50 Split & Stow Third Row Seats(TH)
- Roll Sensing Side Curtain Airbags and Driver & Front Passenger Front Seat Mounted Side Airbags(GY)
- Tow Prep Package(TO)

Option Combination #C $3,540
- 50 state emissions(FE)
- Heated Seats(HD)
- Leather Seat Trim Package(LA)
- Tow Prep Package(TO)

Option Combination #D $5,245
- 50 state emissions(FE)
- Heated Seats(HD)
- Leather Seat Trim Package(LA)
- Rear Seat Entertainment System(EY)
- Tow Prep Package(TO)

#15 ·
RAVishing said:
Omega Man said:
We have the extra mileage tires on our new RAV...and, it is 6 yrs/100,000 miles...guaranteed.
What brand are the "Extra Mile Extended Life" tires? Are they the Yokohama Geolandars or something else? No way it could be the Duelers... :p

Gah! The $349 "Vehicle Shield Package" is a total crock... Pure dealership price padding... Probably cost them all of $5 in materials. :evil:

Also love how they slip "Fabric Guard" and "Custom Tape Stripe" into that nebulous $1360 "The Extra Mile Option Package B"... Isn't "Window Tint" already standard on every RAV, even base? Pad pad pad pad pad. That dealer's evil. :twisted:

#16 ·
Can anyone answer on what brand/model the "Extra Mile Extended Life" tires are? From what I understood, the only Original Equipment tires available on the new RAV were the Yokohama Geolandars and Bridgestone Duelers.

These some other animal?

G
#19 ·
karrock said:
RAVishing said:
Omega Man said:
What brand are the "Extra Mile Extended Life" tires? Are they the Yokohama Geolandars or something else? No way it could be the Duelers... :p
The tires are Bridgestone Dueler HT 687.

G
#21 ·
inlets said:
No doubt the Yoko Geo's are by far the much better tire in this case!
I don't know anything about tires. As long as I have that warranty, are safe, and are nice and quiet...I'm happy.

The other day we drove in terrential rain for hours (both highway and street)...and, they didn't skip a beat. VERY happy with them so far!

p.s. My dh knows more about tires...he told me last night that they had good ratings...but, I don't know more than that.

G
#22 ·
What are your opinions on the factory leather vs. dealer-installed leather? It seems you have more color/style options with dealer-installed, not to mention you wouldn't have to wait on the V6s with leather to arrive.

#23 ·
Personally I prefer the after market application. For the obvious reasons you stated, and I think the workmaship might be a little better. That's their business, they can't afford to have too many complaints. My only concern would be the grading process. I prefer glove soft leather, from a young animal and the under belly. Costs a lot more. But it's finer. The old cows back has a lot on imperfections in the hide from all those birds pecking away, and the branches getting in the way. If you get the after market installation be sure to ask the retailer to show you the actual hide, that they will be installing in your car. You don't like one pick another hide. I am sure they have several hides in the same color.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.