Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,
I noticed yesterday some weird noise at the front of my v6. First i thought its faulty ignition coil so removed it (started on 5 cyls only) and sound was still there.
Any idea what could it be? Unfortunately I cant attach video with sound here (I've not enough posts)

Thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
It's out there somewhere

Attachments

·
Registered
2,521 Posts
Hi Guys,
I noticed yesterday some weird noise at the front of my v6. First i thought its faulty ignition coil so removed it (started on 5 cyls only) and sound was still there.
Any idea what could it be? Unfortunately I cant attach video with sound here (I've not enough posts)
Thanks
By "electric engine noise", could you mean a whining or whirring sound? If so, how about either an alternator or water pump problem.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Its difficult to describe but it's rather like buzzing or electrical discharge sound

·
Registered
127 Posts
It's not the "death rattle" is it? To me that is a similar sound to what you are describing if it's not a whirring or whine sound. You can YouTube it from other owners who have managed to capture it.

In my experience if it's a whining electrical style sound it has turned out to be the alternator.

·
Registered
279 Posts
If it's a buzzing sound near where the windshield meets the dash, driver side, or close to the A-pillar, it could be the brake booster. There's a TSB for the fix. I've heard it in many modern Toyotas from about 2005 to 2015 models, and in Scions.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok problem found! PCV valve was noisy - cost of new 10 $:) Don't forget to put some thread-locker on it !

Reactions: ravenuer
1 - 8 of 8 Posts