Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I took a picture of the area before I disconnected the lines but of course the line I can not find where it goes doesn’t show in the pic. Feeling like a big dummy right now...

·
Super Moderator
10,151 Posts
Try it now. We have a few 4.1 experts who are probably waiting to help.

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,732 Posts

·
Premium Member
1999 Toyota RAV4 with 3MZ-FE 6 cylinder engine, camo wrap, OME lift, heavily modded
2,048 Posts
It goes to the air handling system that you took off to get there. It is pulling air from the filtered side of the system. I replaced mine with a small head filter.

Or it goes to the throttle body, I cannot see the evap canister in your photo.

In the below photo of my evap canister you see the black hose coming in from the fuel tank at rear of the canister, the hose on the top left goes to the throttle body (you can see it attaching to a hose fitting at the top of throttle body on the second photo, and the filter replaced one that went to the old air box system that I fully replaced.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I’m such an idiot, I started putting tape and numbers on the hoses and nipples, and took some pictures. Some of the tape fell off, and I didn’t check my phone and look at the pics, which turned out mostly blurry, because my hands got greasy. I’m thinking that I had to have put the wrong hose to the wrong nipple, because I just can’t find any open nipples. Check engine light is on too. If I would have reassembled right away, I might have remembered, but I had the wrong seal, so I waited until the next day. Steering rack no longer leaks, but check engine light is on.

·
Premium Member
1999 Toyota RAV4 with 3MZ-FE 6 cylinder engine, camo wrap, OME lift, heavily modded
2,048 Posts
The "nipple" you are looking for depends on which hose it is. After looking at it I believe that one goes to "nipple near the top of the throttle body or it will go to somewhere between the air box (where the air filter is) and the throttle body.

You should be able to see the photos I posted unless for some reason your device that you are using cannot see JPGs or it won't look at links. You can click on my name and it will take you to my profile where you will see my albums, from there you can look through the photos till you find the evap cannister and engine photos.

I know what you mean I took a lot of photos earlier in my upgrades so I knew where to put stuff back and which bolts to use, I didn't check the quality and a lot were blurry. Fortunately I took lots of photos so I could still make out what to do.

Reactions: robsteeler66

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks so much. I can see the pics now for some reason I couldn’t before. I have a better idea of what to look for. If I can’t figure it out, I’ll post more pics of the area. Appreciate the help!

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
Something else to consider when looking at my photos is that the throttle body is slightly different for 97 and earlier models than 98 and 99 models. I don't know about 2000 models because I didn't research it.

Happy Thanksgiving

1 - 16 of 16 Posts