Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Putting my 1996 RAV4 4wd 5mt back together after replacing the warped cylinder head.

Does anybody know what the hose (1734174550) connects to? I know one side connects to the air tube, and the other to somewhere on the intake manifold.

All three downward ports on my intake manifold are already hooked up to other hoses.

One of them uses hose 17341-74660 to connect to a breather port on the cylinder head between cylinders 2&3.

Thank you in advance for any information

Keep on RAV4n

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1999 Toyota RAV4 with 3MZ-FE 6 cylinder engine, camo wrap, OME lift, heavily modded
2,044 Posts
I'm assuming you men the hose in the diagram that is marked 17341-74750 One end goes to the MAP sensor on the firewall near the battery and the other to one side of the dual ports that are on a fitting on the back right side of the intake manifold listed as part number 23265. The other side goes to the unmarked position on the transfer actuator (the other two positions are 0 and 2)

If you want to know what connects to that port marked number 5 it goes to a connector below the throttle body. It is the green marked hose in the photo below.

Here are some other photos I took of my engine.

If this helps leave me a thanks and let me know how it turned out.

·
Premium Member
1999 Toyota RAV4 with 3MZ-FE 6 cylinder engine, camo wrap, OME lift, heavily modded
2,044 Posts
If you are referring to the air tube as the item marked 17361G then one end of that tube attaches to the end of the intake manifold opposite the throttle body. The other end goes to the throttle body.

If you need more help let me know. I'll try to go through and see what other photos I have or I'll take a look at my RAV4 and see what I can find.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hello and thank you for the response.

I put the car back together puzzle piece style and it runs great.

For some reason the photos you spoke about didn't show up in the thread.

Thanks again for the response.

·
Premium Member
2,044 Posts
Hmm the photos are there when I look, maybe you haven't made enough posts to get full view of everything.

Glad to hear you have her running again.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Eodgator, , this is boxley writing. I do not want to hijack this thread, but I do have a question to ask of you unrelated to this topic. I have completed all of the repairs to my 99 and it is back on the road rolling nicely. I am now looking to make it all look better and get all of the non essential pieces operational. How best can I do this without impacting someone else's thread?

·
Premium Member
2,044 Posts
Eodgator, , this is boxley writing. I do not want to hijack this thread, but I do have a question to ask of you unrelated to this topic. I have completed all of the repairs to my 99 and it is back on the road rolling nicely. I am now looking to make it all look better and get all of the non essential pieces operational. How best can I do this without impacting someone else's thread?
Start new threads for each topic you want to cover. If you haven't made many posts you may have to make a few to get full access, just go to one of my threads, make a few comments to get everything activated.

·
Premium Member
2,044 Posts
By the way those pictures of my engine are the before photos that I took to help me during reassembly.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi,

I need to see those photos! :)
My mechanic asked me if I can find any photos of those. Any chance to upload to somewhere else?
Thanks,
Best!

·
Premium Member
2,044 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Look at my albums and I have quite a few engine photos, I can add more. What are you looking for?
Hey eodgator,

Thanks for the reply! I think my mechanic got confused about the vacuum tubes/piping. He wanted me to find the diagram of the tubes. I just found the a diagram of it on internet and he said that will work. Let's see how it goes...

Basically my problem is;
Car is working perfectly on idle. Also, everything is fine when you are moving slowly and/or on low speed. But when you floor the gas pedal, it starts shaking and losing extreme power.
He's suspicious about the vacuum piping and I'm suspicious about the MAP Sensor.We'll see how will win! :D

Thanks again!

·
Premium Member
2,044 Posts
Hey eodgator,

Thanks for the reply! I think my mechanic got confused about the vacuum tubes/piping. He wanted me to find the diagram of the tubes. I just found the a diagram of it on internet and he said that will work. Let's see how it goes...

Basically my problem is;
Car is working perfectly on idle. Also, everything is fine when you are moving slowly and/or on low speed. But when you floor the gas pedal, it starts shaking and losing extreme power.
He's suspicious about the vacuum piping and I'm suspicious about the MAP Sensor.We'll see how will win! :D

Thanks again!
Check out some of the youtube videos by Scotty Kilmer on diagnostics. They can be extremely helpful and keep you from spending a fortune on parts and labor you don't need. I do all of my own work because owning a car this old will cost a fortune if you don't do most of the work yourself. What codes do you have?

Perhaps the throttle position sensor, see:
https://youtu.be/cPkk6md3Sy0

1 - 12 of 12 Posts