Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whilst in a Supermarket car park a kindly individual levered the emblem/badge off my back door (didn't touch any text).
The marks left were down to the white primer (luckily no deeper) but are very slightly outside of where the badge sits and inside of the badge frame. I touched up the paint carefully with a brush touch up kit, but obviously it cannot be returned to factory finish.
I've been looking around, ebay etc, for something to cover up the spot which needs something around 4 x 2.5 inches or 100mm x 60mm rectangular but I would equally look for something oval of the right dimensions. I'm trying to find something subtle, not ostentacious and not necessarily another Toyota emblem.
If it were you guys what would you consider doing - and no, I am not getting the rear door re-painted! :crying:serious

·
Registered
8,524 Posts
Why on earth would anyone want to lever the badge from a rear door? That has to be very annoying, and in addition to removing the emblem they left behind their trade marks! That would make one want to take action to prevent that sort of problem from happening again.

I remember that while we lived in the U.K. someone who was involved in electrical work got tired of his car being vandalized and devised a system which would give a strong electrical shock to anyone who touched his car. Unfortunately while the car was in a motel car park the motel's security person was checking cars in the car park and touched the car with predictable results. The security person was awarded monetary compensation.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well thanks for the moral support guys. Not really what I was thinking of but at least they are replies LOL

·
Registered
8,524 Posts
Well thanks for the moral support guys. Not really what I was thinking of but at least they are replies LOL

You likely will receive suggestions about dealing with the damage - replies so far were about putting ourselves into your place regarding the incident which caused the problem.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts