Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My RAV4 has been vandalized again! However, this time, there was no break-in, but just cosmetic damage to the exterior.

The idiot ripped all of the chrome emblems from the tailgate and tampered with the hood deflector. Actually, he/she/it removed all of the exposed screws, but couldn't remove the deflector (probably because he/she/it was too stupid to realize that there were screws inside holding the deflector in place).

I already called the police and my insurance company (good old ICBC, our public car insurance company). I have an appointment with my body shop next week to have it fixed. I don't know how much it will cost yet.

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The guy at the body shop suggested that it was probably a rebuilder who wanted a cheap way to get emblems for his bare tailgate... definitely not a friendly RAV4 owner.

I'll be taking my RAV4 in on Tuesday now. Yay, I get to drive a Corolla courtesy car for a couple of days. It looks like they're gonna have to repaint the tailgate since the emblem-thief took off a bit of paint while removing the emblem.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts