Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First I was wondering about changing the dash lights from the stock green to a nice blue. I've been looking around and I haven't found anything so far.

Also getting some performance parts like an intake or muffler, for not too much money.

And I'm from Canada, so that might change things as well.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Re: Various Parts for my RAV4

Mobkey said:
First I was wondering about changing the dash lights from the stock green to a nice blue. I've been looking around and I haven't found anything so far.

Also getting some performance parts like an intake or muffler, for not too much money.

And I'm from Canada, so that might change things as well.
blue is dificult becuase the OEM dash lights are yellow or orange and when you put the light cover it look green (I do that) and after I search in the shops and they don't had the lights that fit in the cluster or dash. if you want blue it's better that you buy the reverse glow gauges that appear on ebay and the dash light, put a red paper (like tint).

·
Registered
302 Posts
You could try painting the stock bulbs with a thin or deluted coat of finger nail polish or modeling glue .
If you don't like the results , you can just buy some more stock bulbs or scratch the coating off .
Another alternative would be to go to a electronics store and see if they have the little plastic coloured covers that slip over bulbs .

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So right now would the bulbs be greenish. and to make the light blue you just need the bulbs to change or what?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts