Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased a RAV4 2021 XLE model about a month ago and recently I saw in the Vehicle Alert History menu of the dashboard two alerts, a "Pre-Collision System" and "Vehicle Stability Control System" notification. I have attached photos below. Because they are not dated, were these from before the dealer gave me the car?

I am also wondering if there is a way to figure out if these are real messages before I go to the dealer (by way of OBO, etc)? Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
214 Posts
My 2020 xle premium said the same thing when i first got it. Just clear it I've put over 45,000 and haven't had any problems, I think it's just something they check before delivery.

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
Some in this forum have found what appear to be old messages that the dealer or manufacturing plant failed to clear during the build process.

You probably have two options.
  • Delete the data since you how have images and see if they return.
  • Take the vehicle to the dealer with the images and see what they say and have them record your inquiry so it's in your records

·
Registered
533 Posts
Probably calibration/testing at the factory, that workers forgot to clear.

Since you are that concerned you should goto dealer and ask they invesrigate.

·
Registered
593 Posts
From your screen shots, it appears that there is ZERO data (mileage or date/time) with regard to these faults. That leaves me guessing NameofUser is very likely to be correct, either POE or build process failed to clear them. The Dealership ought to have caught this prior to sale.

I have both a Carista as well as a BlueDriver. You could consider getting yourself an OBDII device . . . . . . or . . . . . Contact your Toyota Dealer to have your unit inspected.

Carista is Toyota-centric and requires a subscription for the App beyond (30-days?) where BlueDriver is a generic platform compatible with many OEM's . . . . . but lacks the customization feature set that makes Carista Soooooooo attractive for Toyota's. The only path superior to Carista would be Techstream on a laptop.

Both devices facilitate the clearing of Fault Codes.

Having said that, it doesn't appear that your unit has any current "Fault Code(s)" and you ought to be able to clear the History and go have happy driving.

·
Registered
2021 Rav 4 XLE gas engine
286 Posts
I have the same alert messages from my 2021 Rav4 XLE, pick up my car on May-22, alert date is on May-25 View attachment 169737 View attachment 169739 View attachment 169738
There are other threads on this same topic in this forum and this is the first time I have seen these alert warning messages dated AFTER the customer left the dealership in his new RAV. In all the other cases the alert is either undated or specifically has a date in the month of the Rav's manufacture before it arrived at the dealership (this happened with my '21). To be safe if I were you, I would have dealer take a look at it before deleting the messages.

·
Registered
5 Posts
There are other threads on this same topic in this forum and this is the first time I have seen these alert warning messages dated AFTER the customer left the dealership in his new RAV. In all the other cases the alert is either undated or specifically has a date in the month of the Rav's manufacture before it arrived at the dealership (this happened with my '21). To be safe if I were you, I would have dealer take a look at it before deleting the messages.
Thank you ! I will do that !

·
Registered
2020 RAV4 HYBRID LIMITED
262 Posts
This is on the pre delivery list of things a Toyota dealer should do before delivering the car. Did you check your tire pressures by any chance?

This video explains what should be done before delivery to the customer.

·
Registered
5 Posts
This is on the pre delivery list of things a Toyota dealer should do before delivering the car. Did you check your tire pressures by any chance?

Thanks for join in, yes First thing I did is to check the Tires pressure, toque down all the tires to the specs. Nice Video, The car care Nut, Value information to all Toyota owner, I actuarily Subscribed to his Channel !

·
Registered
58 Posts
I purchased a RAV4 2021 XLE model about a month ago and recently I saw in the Vehicle Alert History menu of the dashboard two alerts, a "Pre-Collision System" and "Vehicle Stability Control System" notification. I have attached photos below. Because they are not dated, were these from before the dealer gave me the car?

I am also wondering if there is a way to figure out if these are real messages before I go to the dealer (by way of OBO, etc)? Thanks.
I have two messages also that dates back almost a month before the date I bought the car. They are AWD and the VSC message that you have. When brought to the dealer they were just being deleted without further investigation. But if you run Techstream and access the Control history you will find some details about it (this cannot be deleted). So far though the car is behaving well and the error messages are not returning.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Uh, I'm not gonna watch that video as I am sure it ought to be cautioned with a NSFW caveat.

I have a real good idea already what the Dealership thinks they should do to a customer. :p

·
Registered
48 Posts
At the factory they take out a 30 Amp fuse wich disconects all the electronics.
This is to save battery. For that reason you have these errors.
Pre delivery takes care of these, and much more (memory seat is inactive, windows automatic up/down, etc)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts