Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes a fuel tanker/pup turned left in front of my daughter and this is the result..she clipped his rear bumper..2 more feet and would have missed completely..I'm sick...not 6 months old and as we all know..will never be the same :(

·
Premium Member
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Arrrgh...front right wheel is toed out...and don't know about front drive system...wish they would write off....insurance would replace..don't know about engine/frame

·
Registered
846 Posts
Too bad about the accident but it seems your daughter is safe, who is the most important. Hope it wasn't a nerve wracking experience for her.

My insurance company TD Meloche Monnex offers a 5-year full vehicle value replacement. Not sure if the damage merits a write-off though but if it does, then your daughter will get a 2016 if the 2015's are all gone.

·
Premium Member
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes my daughter is fine..shook up pretty good but not hurt..physically anyways..lots of mental trauma not being able to stop and impacting..and dad is suffering too..how many times I washed and polished that thing..added 3m..etc only to have a mismatch paint job now that has all the quirks of a post accident vehicle..pulls,vibrations,wind noise..etc..yuk

·
Registered
258 Posts
Not sure how this happened. So he turned left in front of here and then she hit his rear bumper just before he cleared the intersection or did she have to swerve but just didn't have enough room to clear him?

I hit a deer a year ago and took the front end off of my Elantra. They did a $6K repair and I really can't say that I can see any difference in the way it looks or see that it drives any different. The dealer couldn't even tell that it has been wrecked.

·
Premium Member
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Your evaluation of the crash somewhat sums it up..and human nature inclines us to expect the worst..I'm somewhat concerned about the drivetrain..being fwd/awd

·
Registered
149 Posts
Yes my daughter is fine..shook up pretty good but not hurt..physically anyways..lots of mental trauma not being able to stop and impacting..and dad is suffering too..how many times I washed and polished that thing..added 3m..etc only to have a mismatch paint job now that has all the quirks of a post accident vehicle..pulls,vibrations,wind noise..etc..yuk
If it is repairable and fixed by the right body shop, you would have to be told where the damage was if you didn't already know. Saying that it looks like your wheel is pulled back against the drivers footwell and seems the windscreen is cracked?( don't know if the bonnet done that or a stress fracture). If the wheel is pulled back as far as I think it is and it caught on that unforgiving bottom crash bumper on the tanker fair chance chassis leg is bent if suspension didn't take all the stress, so a right off if Canadian insurance is the same as UK insurance. Anyways it could have been potentially a lot worse and life threatening when car vs truck

·
Registered
8,524 Posts
Thankfully you daughter is reasonably OK. Cars can be replaced and repaired but daughters are priceless!

·
Registered
846 Posts
Thankfully you daughter is reasonably OK. Cars can be replaced and repaired but daughters are priceless!
Yeah, daughter's are hard to replace but wives are easy to in Canada (50% divorce rates).

My wife doesn't visit this forum, haha.

·
Premium Member
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well an update..insurance wrote off Veronica and I'm very near to pulling the trigger on a new '16 Limited full load...same Buzzard Pearly White...now I gotta round up the goodies..sunroof deflector,winter tires and wheels, car warmer, Compustart with Drone, tinted front windows, BSM, 3m filming..etc..etc..

Gone forever....only lasted one oil change...sheesh

·
Registered
846 Posts
Can't wait to here about Veronica 2. At least you won't have any qualms on how a repaired vehicle will be structurally inferior to one that hasn't been in an accident. :)

What was the reason for the write off?

·
Premium Member
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Repair costs

Reactions: internalaudit
1 - 12 of 12 Posts