Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Introducing......."Pearl"...Veronica's replacement first look...more pics to follow

Goodies:Compustart remote start with Drone module (iphone)
3m film hood/front bumpers/mirrors/a pilar/fog lights/handle wells/front fender returns

2016 RAV4 Limited Blizzard Pearl on black. Here the salesman is doing the introductions..

Reactions: internalaudit

·
Premium Member
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I'd like to change the fogs to LED like I did with my 2015 RX350...anyone know if the light assembly I used from Lexus in the RX might fit the Rav4 ?

Pic below : left LED (white) and right stock (yellowish)...with the LED much nicer

·
Premium Member
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Can you confirm they are a direct swap ?

·
Registered
846 Posts
Nice Nanook. We have the same vehicle interior and exterior colors except we chose the hybrid since gasoline isn't cheap out in Ontario and I wanted the best in class fuel efficiency (in hindsight :) )

Did you opt for a block heater too? I missed having a protective film put on the fog lights but I think those are cheaper to replace than the headlights.

I'm sure your daughter will love the vehicle as it does get a lot of upgrades on the safety features.

·
Premium Member
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Premium Member
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
BTW insurance paid full purchase price and replacement for Hakk studded but not for the wheels...although I still have Veronica's stock wheels so next Hakks will be 18" I guess..

For those new to the topic Veronica (new 2015 Ltd) was totalled two weeks ago

·
Premium Member
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Actually this little heater is great..keeps the windows clear and makes those early morning -x0's starts a little more tolerable for her...I ganged it with the block heater and this time nestled it under the passenger seat..test ran it for a hour in the garage with no issues..good to go

·
Registered
846 Posts
Nanook, is your block heater only accessible once you pop the hood open? I had one installed over the week and there doesn't seem to be a way to snake it so that that the plug is set in front of the radiator.

Not sure if this was the default way of installing it but I didn't want to pop the hood open and close every time I need to access the block heater.

·
Premium Member
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It was mounted to the grill from the dealer but i moved it back into the engine cab where I connected it to an extension cord and also added the car warmer.. It is tricky to get to the outside of the radiator but can be done...easier if you remove the top trim (push pins) then you can get it through the top corner...Toyota really seals around the rad with a baffle..

Here you see the blue extension cord..I fed through the top passenger side

·
Registered
846 Posts
Thank Nanook. Mine was installed on the driver side. I forgot to mention my wife's is a hybrid.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B49jnI2SkaiTNTNqOWZoNnBLWjA/view?usp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B49jnI2SkaiTOGJYNHpkMUk2RW8/view?usp=sharing

I'll see how I can remove the push pins. Odd that my dealership didn't know an expose block heater wouldn't have been more convenient. At one point, there were three mechanics working on the installation. I should have mentioned I wanted one dangling exposed but I'll see what I can do once the weather warms up a big.

·
Premium Member
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yes block heaters are on driver side...remove that plastic top cover trim..carefully pry center of those rivet looking fastners up and whole fastner will remove..this will allow better access to rad...put a light on the outside to see potential path to feed cord..mine was pushed through drivers side of rad..there is a black plastic somewhat flexible baffle that should allow the plug to push through...just...it's tight but will go

·
Premium Member
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
You may have somewhat of a challenge more so with the electric drive there..you wanna reach in immediately to the drivers side of the electrics there...right next to the white vertical frame member that supports the rad..I just tried and access is fairly easy on mine...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts