Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Didn't take long as come of you may recall Veronica's demise (write-off) Pearl was her replacement and now with only 6000 kms..not even first oil change ...boom...
extensive damage to two doors, b pillar, floor pan and front fender not to mention side curtain deploy which in turn releases head liner :(
Sore body parts on my daughter but no serious injuries...and not our fault...again

It was an extreme unexpected lateral impact that almost upset Pearl..oh I'm so over this crap...dealing with insurance/write offs/ replacement where one never recoups the expended energy nor costs...expel/bsm/remote starter/sunroof deflector/incar warmer/radar detector hardwire..

this was Veronica..

And this now is Pearl..:)

The culprit

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Holy crap. Sorry about your luck. Very glad your daughter is ok though. That probably won't be a write off. Not sure which is worse.
Looks almost identical to my accident in my 2014 rav. The airbag didn't deploy though. Mine turned out to be over 9k damage.

·
Registered
8,532 Posts
Sorry about the bad luck, but it's good that your daughter is OK! Seems that you live in a dangerous city or part of Alberta for driving- maybe consider getting a battle tank for self-defence? :frown

·
Premium Member
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ya repairs may be 15-20K my guess...will never be the same :( and I heard there may be insurance issues with an air/bag repaired vehicle...bummer

·
Registered
846 Posts
Good thing your daughter is okay. And to think white is the most visible color available.

Seems it is mainly the door that has to be replaced, hopefully structural rigidity is intact.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Man, thankful your daughter is okay, end of the day that's all that matters.

Maybe it has something to do with naming your cars?? Other cars are jealous or something?

·
Registered
107 Posts
Anyone notice the store in the background behind the "culprit"? Wonder if that had anything to do with the accident? Anyway, glad no one is seriously hurt. In your shoes I would rather they total Perl. They probably won't.

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,718 Posts
Anyone notice the store in the background behind the "culprit"? Wonder if that had anything to do with the accident?
Yeah, that's the first thing I thought of when I saw the liquor store sign.

·
Premium Member
2,505 Posts
It looks like you had all the right stuff for Veronica, including studded tires. Wish we could run 'em here.
Best to your daughter, and good luck to you.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts