Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Car in question is a 07 i4 2wd sport with 80k miles

When at a stoplight, or other situation in which I am in drive, not moving, I get quite a bit of vibration, and the motor is at lower rpms. When I shift to neutral, the vibration stops, and rpms come up.

Is there any solution to this? Is this just the nature of my car, or are the engine/trans mounts bad or something? I am planning on doing a full trans flush, does that help?

·
Registered
268 Posts
All cars will vibrate when the idle RPM get pulled down too low. The question is why the idle RPM is low.
Most likely is it needs a tune up - plugs and air filter. Second choice is a slight vacuum leak. You might also try cleaning the MAF.

·
Registered
731 Posts
I would clean the throttle valve. If it is dirty, airflow is restricted, causing a low idle.

My wife's 2010 I4 does this. i have been meaning to clean it, but you know about mechanic's cars ...

·
Registered
11 Posts
I would clean the throttle valve. If it is dirty, airflow is restricted, causing a low idle.

My wife's 2010 I4 does this. i have been meaning to clean it, but you know about mechanic's cars ...
Also look at idle air control valve (IAC) if it is dirty can cause weird idle RPM.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Vibration

I have the same thing at 100k on my 07 rav 4. I was told it was the motor mounts while I had my car in the shop for its 100k service and had my mechanic check it out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts