Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to have my VIN etched on my windows; got it for free with my '02 Camry (dealer did it in advance, he said I didn't have to pay if I didn't want it, DUH...). Anyway, rather than pay my dealer $299, I see various DIY sites on the web, for $19 to $29. Some look like they have nice clear block digits whereas others look like the digits some out of a dot-matrix printer. Some sites I've found are: www.vinshield.com, www.autoetch.net, www.vinguard.org, www.vinetcher.com

Has anybody done this themselves and have any positive (or negative) recommendations? thx.

M

·
0 Posts
some police stations offer this also. check with your local pd for info. personally I do not intend on paying anything extra I dont have to... like floor mats 215.00 are you kidding... just stupid things that you can have done elsewhere for alot less than a dealer will charge you.

·
Registered
271 Posts
jabba2000,

Have you etched your windows? Which product have you choosen? Etching at the local police department requires you to allow them to stop your vehicle without probable cause between 1 a.m. and 5 a.m. Although I don't stay up that late, but I certainly don't feel to be stopped by a police officer around that time. The last time, I was stopped by several police officers, was not fun at all. I'd to stand outside my car for 30 minutes in a winter while they're searching my car. They didn't tell me much but later told me my car matched the description of their pursued.

Being stayed up all night to study for GMAT and sat in GMAT test later for several hours made the 30 minutes stand in the element torturing.

o.k.. back to the subject.. I found the price on ebay more attractive. $10 + $5 SH from vinguard.org.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts