Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a limited hybrid in the past weekend and I've just noticed there is a sheet of vinyl film applied to the front bumper and the two side mirrors. The window sticker sheet did list door edge trim guard but nothing mentioned to the front bumper and side mirrors. The protective film at the door trim and behind the door handle are thicker than the one on the front bumper and side mirrors. Are those on front bumper and side mirrors come standard now? :smile

·
Registered
138 Posts
I just got a limited hybrid in the past weekend and I've just noticed there is a sheet of vinyl film applied to the front bumper and the two side mirrors. The window sticker sheet did list door edge trim guard but nothing mentioned to the front bumper and side mirrors. The protective film at the door trim and behind the door handle are thicker than the one on the front bumper and side mirrors. Are those on front bumper and side mirrors come standard now? :smile
Congrats on the purchase! Sounds like it's an aftermarket clear bra. Is there nothing on the hood? It's rather odd they did the front bumper and side mirrors, but not the hood.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, nothing on the hood and side fender. Material is fairly thin compared those behind the door handle. At first when I saw a line near the edge of the bumper when the gap meet the side fender, I thought it was a poor paint job. It was difficult to spot that. Anyway I'll take it as a bonus. I do plan to get a small width on the front of the hood later on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
138 Posts
Yes, nothing on the hood and side fender. Material is fairly thin compared those behind the door handle. At first when I saw a line near the edge of the bumper when the gap meet the side fender, I thought it was a poor paint job. It was difficult to spot that. Anyway I'll take it as a bonus. I do plan to get a small width on the front of the hood later on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If you are going to get it, you should get it before you get any rock chips. Otherwise, the chip will show through the clear bra...especailly if you have a dark color.

·
Premium Member
1,427 Posts
Congrats on the purchase! Sounds like it's an aftermarket clear bra. Is there nothing on the hood? It's rather odd they did the front bumper and side mirrors, but not the hood.
My wife's 15 has the door edge guards and the door handle cups, but nothing on the hood or mirrors.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts