Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to show what I may do for a vinyl wrap on my 2017 XLE, Magnetic Gray. I thought about doing a vinyl wrap on the hood when I first picked up the car a couple of weeks ago. It seemed too much space and good opportunity to personalize it. So I did a photoshop render to get a sneak preview of what I want. THEN, I recently found some online posts about the 2018 RAV4 Adventure edition... I love it and I WILL be doing a similar wrap to mine. Here is a render. Hope it will look as good as the rendering.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
11,113 Posts
Looks nice but I'd like to see it in white.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll do a render with white to see. Not sure if the rendering shows that the vinyl is matte, but that's the intent.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
DIY vinyl can be a great way to experiment at a very low cost and non-destructive. My personal taste is little contrast. Kinda like, black on black effect. With a dark gray car, I think the slight contrast should look good. Will be using knifeless tape. First time for me. Fingers crossed.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Looks cool, please post a pic when you have it completed. BTW first time posting in the 4.4 section, bought a XLE 2 months ago after 19 years of owning my 4.1. Long live RAV4s

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'll post pics when I finish. Life has kept me from my RAV4. Haven't quite gotten to it yet. Along the side-step running boards. I have the stuff, but no time to actually do it.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Finally found time and mood to do this. I will redo this at a later time because it's not perfect. See the pics!

Ordered vinyl and knifeless tape from amazon. Total cost is about $40 and way too much time, since don't have experience wrapping large surfaces. About 2+ hours. Most of my time was spent on the knifeless pattern. And the actual act of wrapping. Did it by myself. Should've asked a friend to help.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
11,113 Posts
Looks better than I expected! :thumbs_up:

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks. I think it turned out as I expected. It's not intended to be bold or contrasty. Just enough to break the solid voided space on the hood.

·
Premium Member
1,427 Posts
Looks nice.

I'd kinda like to see how a retro 4-Runner pattern (Hockey Stick) looks in black on a white Rav.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Another wrapped RAV4

...and way too much time, since don't have experience wrapping large surfaces. About 2+ hours. Most of my time was spent on the knifeless pattern. And the actual act of wrapping. Did it by myself. Should've asked a friend to help.
I know what you mean - I just finished 11 hours of wrapping on my new RAV4 (8 hours yesterday, 3 today) but am very happy with the results. Lots of trial and error (heavy on the error part). I used a gloss color-shift vinyl, the color is called 'Rising Sun'. My goal was to make the car easier to spot in a parking lot (that is my excuse and I'm sticking with it! :smile). I agree with you on using the knifelss tape - this would have been impossible without it.

Attachments

Reactions: Trend55 and mojoe
1 - 15 of 15 Posts