Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:roll: Am considering installing the VIP RS3200 Plus to my 2005 RAV4 equipped with the engine immobilizer and keyless entry system. Does this system come with the ignition controlled automatic door lock/unlock feature?

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
V.I.P. RS3200
The Toyota V.I.P. RS3200 is a deluxe full-featured, security system that offers peace of mind and added convenience to your busy lifestyle. RS3200 features: Passively (automatic) arming by removing the ignition key, this security system offers point-of-entry protection and starter disable, Passive Arming/Disarming. Starter Disable. Status Monitor. Exterior Light Activation, Unique Horn Sounding, Valet Mode, Security Decals, 2 Remote Transmitters, Remote Passive Arming/Disarming, Remote Locking/Unlocking, Additional features available: Auto Re-arm, Auto Re-lock, Auto Door Lock/Unlock, Interior Light Activation, and Panic Mode.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Paul! I am concerned about the automatic ignition lock and unlock feature on the "Plus" version. The dealer told me the regular version has it but the "Plus" doesn't. They also told me since I have the factory keyless entry and engine immobilizer, I require the "Plus" version. Are they telling me the truth?

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
travelv,
Give your dealer a cigar. You may want to get an aftermarket alarm with door locking. It has been a while, but I remember specifically looking for a non keyless entry RAV in 2003 so that I could get the non-plus 3200 version. What is truly bizarre is that the RS3200plus should be called RS3200minus since you get less. I think you also don't get the single/double arm/disarm piezo chirper with the plus (only horn honk I believe). Here are two links to the features of each system:

RS3200
http://rav4world.com/brochure/alarms/rs3200/page4_5.jpg

RS3200+
http://rav4world.com/brochure/alarms/rs3200plus/page2_3.jpg

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
travelv said:
Thanks Paul! I am concerned about the automatic ignition lock and unlock feature on the "Plus" version. The dealer told me the regular version has it but the "Plus" doesn't. They also told me since I have the factory keyless entry and engine immobilizer, I require the "Plus" version. Are they telling me the truth?
Right... my add-on "plus" system does not utilize many of the programming features. (No ignition lock feature)
However, I really get annoyed when I have to push the button twice to unlock the passenger door, so I re-wired my locks to unlock with one push.

·
Registered
379 Posts
RAVenous said:
travelv,
Give your dealer a cigar. You may want to get an aftermarket alarm with door locking. It has been a while, but I remember specifically looking for a non keyless entry RAV in 2003 so that I could get the non-plus 3200 version. What is truly bizarre is that the RS3200plus should be called RS3200minus since you get less. I think you also don't get the single/double arm/disarm piezo chirper with the plus (only horn honk I believe). Here are two links to the features of each system: :( Wrong it chirps!

RS3200
http://rav4world.com/brochure/alarms/rs3200/page4_5.jpg

RS3200+
http://rav4world.com/brochure/alarms/rs3200plus/page2_3.jpg
:(

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
inlets said:
:( Wrong it chirps!(
What chirps? A 2006 RAV4? You are posting in a year old thread for the 4.2 RAV. But do tell us about the alarm on the 2006. Is it called the RS3200 plus and what was the cost on the sticker? Does it lock the doors on drive-off? Any other features? Thanks....

·
Registered
379 Posts
RAVenous said:
inlets said:
:( Wrong it chirps!(
What chirps? A 2006 RAV4? You are posting in a year old thread for the 4.2 RAV. But do tell us about the alarm on the 2006. Is it called the RS3200 plus and what was the cost on the sticker? Does it lock the doors on drive-off? Any other features? Thanks....
:lol: The 06 Rav4 DEMO I tested had the RS3200 Plus installed on the vehicle. I was specifically concerned myself whether the alarm chirped on arming. And it did! I tried it three times and it is a nice mellow "chirp". The salesman noted that the system has different chirp levels which can be programmed into the system., from low which was set on the demo vehicle to let your neighbors know I have a security system in my vehicle. I also noted a bright red LED on the dash left of the steering wheel to alert the driver that the system is armed. I didn't noticed if the vehicle locked the doors on drive off. The cost on the window sticker was $457.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts