Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 98 RAV4 L has a factory installed VIP 3000 alarm system. Lately the chirp that it makes sometimes work and sometimes doesnt. Does anyone know where that speaker is located so I can check the wiring for a loose connection, or anyone have a better idea to look for

·
Registered
685 Posts
I never tried it with the hood open, so this is a guess.....
On my '98 with a dealer installed VIP alarm, the chirper was ty-wrapped to the wiring near the brake booster......it was about the size of a spool of thread....................I think......
I think the chirper is associated more with the remote pwr door locks circuit because without alarm, the chirper goes when locking/unlocking....

As a side note, I just had my 3000 installed in my '05 RAV, but it only unlocks drivers door because the '05 requires two pulses to unlock all doors........locking is fine.......
Anyone know how to reprogram the 3000 for two pulse unlocking??? :?:

·
Registered
685 Posts
Hey
I looked for the location of the factory chirper in my '05 today. It's real hard to place where the chirp is coming from, but definitely near the back of the driver side headlite. Under the fusebox or even in the inner fender perhaps......just can't see it or feel it.
I presume it's in the same location in a '98......perhaps a dealer can point it out easily.....
Sorry I can't be more help......but I'll keep looking.....

.....but I found out, I now have two chirpers, since the VIP3000 was installed in the '05.

·
Premium Member
3,348 Posts
michaelp95 said:
My 98 RAV4 L has a factory installed VIP 3000 alarm system. Lately the chirp that it makes sometimes work and sometimes doesnt. Does anyone know where that speaker is located so I can check the wiring for a loose connection, or anyone have a better idea to look for
It's located in the engine compartment, left side, between the firewall and strut mount area.

Do you have CRUISE CONTROL? If so... remove the cruise control module's cover by gently pulling up. You should now be able to see the PIEZO "CHIRPER". It's a small RED cylinder attached to the vehicle wire harness with foam tape and a wire tie-wrap.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts